Changing to MX5

Hello guys!

I have been using Maxthon 4.4.8.2000 now since its release and now finally I am ready and willing to upgrade to MX5 as I am starting to run into more and more problems with the old MX4 version. However before I upgrade I would like to have some questions cleared and I would really appreciate if you could help me doing so.

Can I use MX4 and MX5 side by side and if yes how?
As I am reliant on my browser and the stuff that comes with it I have to know that everything works. So if anything would not work properly in MX5, having my working MX4 only one klick away would be really good.

Will my shortcuts get taken over to MX5?
This is my most important questions. I have somewhere around 400-500 shortcuts and although I do not need the most of them, keeping them is really important for me.

What about SkyNote?
Will my SkyNote notes be taken over? Is there a SkyNote in MX5 at all?

What about my online-time status?
Is this feature still present in MX5 and will it take over my status just as with the MX3-MX4 transition? Just curious, I do not like to lose my level 70.^^

I think these are all my questions. If more come to my mind, I will tell you! I would really appreciate if you could answer my questions. If all of these questions have been answered already in this forum I apologize for not looking it up correctly as I have a hard time searching for the right results here.

Thanks in advance.

Have a read through these threads: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/forum/121-mx5-guidelines-tips/

Should explain most things.

But in short, yes favourites will be imported. Yes, you skynotes will be imported, but now they're part of the favourites.

The online time thing, i don't think is shown anymore in the browser, but may still be logged on your account. Either way it doesn't matter, as it's not somethign that is used for anything.

Concerning the "side-by-side" question, be sure to install Maxthon5 in a separate new folder (Maxthon5 is a good name). Since the executable file is still named Maxthon.exe, you will only be able to run one at a time; either MX4 or MX5 but not at the same time. But MX4 will remain fully operational as long as you don't do anything that will change that. MX4 uses a folder in the AppData\Roaming location named Maxthon3 and MX5 uses one named Maxthon5, which will be created when you install MX5. Don't do anything to the Maxthon3 folder and you should be just fine after reading the info at the location that 7twenty posted a link to. I have both installed as I recounted but haven't gone back and used MX4 in quite some time as MX5 does all that I require very nicely.

10 hours ago, MaxthonFan42 said:

Can I use MX4 and MX5 side by side and if yes how?

U can install both of them on one PC, but can only run one of them at a time.

Will my shortcuts get taken over to MX5?

what do you mean by "shortcuts", if you mean quick access, then the answer is yes, they will be imported. 

What about SkyNote?

Will be imported to Maxnote (this is a function combined bookmark and skynote)

Hope the answer helps. :)

Installed MX5 and finally Outlook works again, and so do the other websites that won't work before. I think I dont need Iron anymore now.^^ Almost everything works except that Maxnote did not import every note from SkyNote, some were lost. But I saved the important ones anyways. 

Thanks for your help!

15 hours ago, MaxthonFan42 said:

Maxnote did not import every note from SkyNote, some were lost.

This shouldn't have happened. If you need our help to restore, please PM me. There may be some corrupted files in your local data that caused this issue. 

Archived