Gestures control

1 hour ago, Chantao said:

V5.0.3.2000

Use gesture: Right mouse button - gesture does not react until the second time.

---------------------

I know it's just a small problem, not worth mentioning :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

I can confirm this, I have to repeat each time I try to close a tab with a gesture.

3 hours ago, Chantao said:

Use gesture: Right mouse button - gesture does not react until the second time.

Right button + left click? Right button + Scroll up/down? Right button to close a tab as PHYR has noted?

I tested the tab close option and it worked as expected - right click on tab and it closes.

It is about the pure gesture control without clicking on a tab. And yes, it works often. But often it does not work immediately. Unlike MX4, it always works. I use with all main browsers (except Opera and Vivaldi, which have something on board, but not as good as MX4) MX4 is the best. If you are used to making certain gestures and you are on the road with the MX5, then you are irritated. OK, you can also improvise: Press the right button for a little longer and then pull. In MX4, the right press is so short and then comes the pull. Makes it with MX5 longer it goes of course synonymous. I wonder, however, why I should improvise again? So if I want to be fast in the www I am still with the MX4 on the road, that is so. MX4 has really quality.

When I read that it worked excellently with another, not more, then I always feel that the opinion exists: Ah, again this naggler, this particular case.

I got used to the MX gesture control. On Android, there was an addon for gestures (not the 2 - 3 on board) in the old versions of MX4, because there were more than 10 gestures that could be set. "Advanced Gesture" This is no longer foreseen today but is also missing. Gestures are just as important as Bookmarks and Maxnotes. It is what makes this browser, just like the cloud.

12 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Right button + left click? Right button + Scroll up/down? Right button to close a tab as PHYR has noted?

I tested the tab close option and it worked as expected - right click on tab and it closes.

Can you close a tab with a gesture??? There's no mention of right click tab...

I suspect it's a focus issue, but a problem nonetheless.

54 minutes ago, PHYR said:

Can you close a tab with a gesture??? There's no mention of right click tab...

Yes. That was my assumption based on the lack of info in the OP and your response. Or my misunderstanding of what was posted.

I haven't had any issues with any of the gestures that I use daily. But I also don't do reinstalls/clean installs etc constantly leading me to lose or having to reset my settings.

This issue along with the alias/search issue that phoenix-76 is having is a little concerning, as it seems clean installs are leading to more issues than they're solving.

4 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Yes. That was my assumption based on the lack of info in the OP and your response. Or my misunderstanding of what was posted.

I haven't had any issues with any of the gestures that I use daily. But I also don't do reinstalls/clean installs etc constantly leading me to lose or having to reset my settings.

This issue along with the alias/search issue that phoenix-76 is having is a little concerning, as it seems clean installs are leading to more issues than they're solving.

While on this page open 3 or 4 tabs in the background. Use right click+wheel to switch to next tab, now try to close it with a gesture.

Edit: Happens with clean install guest account too, so it is an issue. What's weird is that you can scroll the next tab without giving the page focus but can't perform the gesture.

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Maybe a problem, while cannot reproduce the issue whether the focus is on the webpage or not. in both situations gestures work fine.

Please try this. Oh, I won't do a video because I don't know how.

4 hours ago, PHYR said:

While on this page open 3 or 4 tabs in the background. Use right click+wheel to switch to next tab, now try to close it with a gesture.

Edit: Happens with clean install guest account too, so it is an issue. What's weird is that you can scroll the next tab without giving the page focus but can't perform the gesture.

Please try this. Oh, I won't do a video because I don't know how.

I have this problem, too.

I can reproduce the issue every time.

5 hours ago, PHYR said:

OK that doesn't work. Never used scroll to change tabs so have never come across it.

Archived