Videos not loading on specific websites

Greetings.

I just posted a video on my gaming community clan site (not a website to play games but to socialize and such)

I cannot seem to be able to see the video. it shows up as blank (white).

I have tried other browsers and they are fine. nothing is wrong with the link. 

Youtube is fine, as well.

I have updated the flash player and downloaded the auto-updater tool from Here.

nothing has helped so far. I have even looked at the code in developer tools. it claims that there is a 404 error but that is impossible because the link itself works FINE everywhere but Maxthon. and we know that it isn't a flash player problem (due to installing the latest version and it didn't help)

Here is the link to the gaming site for you to see what I mean.

and HERE is an attached screenshot of how it shows up for me:

I hope this gets fixed soon if it is a bug.

Thank you.

Browser version: v5.0.2.1000

windows 10. 

maxthon1.png

2 hours ago, PHYR said:

It plays fine in retro mode. No idea what could be wrong though.

Even if it plays "fine".... when I try to go to another page using Retro, the text is seriously messed up. it is on top of other text and is impossible to read. not to mention, it takes over 3 or more minutes to load a page, IF it loads at all. so, I'm sticking to Ultra.

It's a Useragent problem. Weird thing is that the only way I can get it to work is if there is an Opera string in there?! Tried a few variations with/without Maxthon/Opera/OS/Chrome version, and it's only the Opera string that makes it work or not. Doesn't make sense... but that's your fix for now. Quite lucky that it was there in mine, as normally i don't have it, and i probably wouldn't have found that otherwise.

Add the following as a custom useragent in Settings > Advanced

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.73 Safari/537.36 OPR/42.0.2393.137 Maxthon/5.0.3.2000

With this UA, Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ Chrome/57.0.2987.133 Maxthon/5.0 QupZilla/2.1.2 and UTF 8 encoding. I get this displayed.

MaxthonSnap20170404174012.png

However trying to play the video as an embedded file just gives me this

MaxthonSnap20170404173805.png

Right clicking on the video and "Open Link in a New Tab" takes me to Youtube and the video plays perfectly.

8 hours ago, 7twenty said:

It's a Useragent problem. Weird thing is that the only way I can get it to work is if there is an Opera string in there?! Tried a few variations with/without Maxthon/Opera/OS/Chrome version, and it's only the Opera string that makes it work or not. Doesn't make sense... but that's your fix for now. Quite lucky that it was there in mine, as normally i don't have it, and i probably wouldn't have found that otherwise.

Add the following as a custom useragent in Settings > Advanced

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/47.0.2526.73 Safari/537.36 OPR/42.0.2393.137 Maxthon/5.0.3.2000

Thank you so much :) 

I noticed a few things; Full screen isn't working. however, if I turn the video into a "Pop-Up" and then hit full screen, it works. 

The other thing is that the "Watch on YouTube.com" option also doesn't work. but I can easily get around that by right clicking the video, copy the video link/url and then paste it in a new tab. 

Thank you again for finding this fix. it definitely is an interesting one :) 

5 hours ago, Magdalene said:

With this UA, Mozilla/5.0 (compatible; Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; IA64; en) AppleWebKit/599.0+ Chrome/57.0.2987.133 Maxthon/5.0 QupZilla/2.1.2 and UTF 8 encoding. I get this displayed.

MaxthonSnap20170404174012.png

However trying to play the video as an embedded file just gives me this

MaxthonSnap20170404173805.png

Right clicking on the video and "Open in a New Tab" takes me to Youtube and the video plays perfectly.

On YouTube itself, the video always played fine. the problem *for me* was that on the site, it did not. 

48 minutes ago, SueKrueger13 said:

I noticed a few things; Full screen isn't working. however, if I turn the video into a "Pop-Up" and then hit full screen, it works.

The other thing is that the "Watch on YouTube.com" option also doesn't work.

Odd? Fullscreen works here fine, as does the watch on YT.com link.

Because of that I can't really try and figure what is wrong. Apart from clearing cache, disabling extensions etc  and reading through the troubleshooting thread there's not much more I can offer for those problems.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Odd? Fullscreen works here fine, as does the watch on YT.com link.

Because of that I can't really try and figure what is wrong. Apart from clearing cache, disabling extensions etc  and reading through the troubleshooting thread there's not much more I can offer for those problems.

I figured out what was making the "watch on YouTube.com" function not work (the pop-ups were being blocked). the full screen thing is still something I'll need to look into. but for now it's fine :)

1 hour ago, badnick said:

I can confirm the video work just in retro mode but full screen works for me.

Retro doesn't work properly for me, as I mentioned above. the text on the website is on top of other text and impossible to read. the pages do not load or take a very long time to load.

...And 7Twenty has found a temporary fix to my problem :) (It is posted above).

1 hour ago, SueKrueger13 said:

Retro doesn't work properly for me, as I mentioned above. the text on the website is on top of other text and impossible to read. the pages do not load or take a very long time to load.

...And 7Twenty has found a temporary fix to my problem :) (It is posted above).

Retro is pretty easy to test, open IE. If IE is displaying it well, it will display properly in retro. If it still not rendering properly, check that you have IE standard rendering mode selected in advanced options.

On 2017-04-05 at 3:37 AM, PHYR said:

Retro is pretty easy to test, open IE. If IE is displaying it well, it will display properly in retro. If it still not rendering properly, check that you have IE standard rendering mode selected in advanced options.

I checked the "IE standard rendering mode" box and nothing has changed. loads forever and then shows up like this.

Screenshot_147.png

Archived