New Spotify Web Player not working in MX5

8 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Hmmm, not working for me. Restarted my main browser (portable), and tested on a fresh portable version as well. Both give the same error as noted above. Tested using the default MX UA, checked and unchecked.

Cookies and all site data was cleared using dev tools as well.

This UA?

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/5.0 Chrome/55.0.2883.75 Safari/537.36

And what about your sync test version?

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Maxthon/5.0 Chrome/55.0.2883.75 Safari/537.36

Yes. Although it shouldn't matter, as i thought the whole point of MX pushing UA's is to ensure that if a site requires a different one it gets it regardless of what is set in the settings.

This is error now with that UA.

MaxthonSnap20170914085205.png

1 hour ago, PHYR said:

And what about your sync test version?

Sort of. It get doesn't get any error, but there's no sound.

Seems it's another one of these issues where different users get different results... odd.

Will test a few other things later.

19 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Hmmm, not working for me. Restarted my main browser (portable), and tested on a fresh portable version as well. Both give the same error as noted above. Tested using the default MX UA, checked and unchecked.

Cookies and all site data was cleared using dev tools as well.

The new UA pushed yesterday, and I have just tested, the music plays with Maxthon UA in ultra mode. Please try to back up the data and re-log in your account.

1)Win+R,and input %appdata%, find the Maxthon5 folder. 

备份本地数据.png

2) Re-name the Maxthon5 folder

3)Re-log in the MX account

Does it work?

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Please try to back up the data and re-log in your account.

I'm not using an account, only guest mode on two separate portable versions. One is my everyday browser which is where I first noticed this issue again. The other is a test version I use to play around with.

As noted above, a new portable version was used to do all testing.

But I did also test using an account and get the same error. Only thing that hasn't been tested is an installed version. Although I can't see how/why that should change anything?!

Just out of curiosity, what does the console log show for you guys that it works for?

MaxthonSnap20170914234550.png

Note that is with ABP ON. WIth ABP off it still doesn't work, the errors aren't there, but the warning still is.

On 14/9/2017 at 4:32 PM, BugSir006 said:

The new UA pushed yesterday, and I have just tested, the music plays with Maxthon UA in ultra mode. Please try to back up the data and re-log in your account.

备份本地数据.png

Does it work?

On 14/9/2017 at 4:32 PM, BugSir006 said:

备份本地数据.png

Does it work?

Nothing will work for now unless there's a major core update as i believe that Spotify has rule out unsupported browsers. it is also believed that engineers of Maxthon have NOT proposed any long-term solution at the beginning, and being shortsighted once again. of cause big company like it care more on the majority than you and me if you don't react properly:(

please do more checkin‘ with proper enquiry in technical details before posting bugmiss

Enable the web player - Spotify
https://support.spotify.com/hk-en/using_spotify/system_settings/enable-the-spotify-web-player/ 

The web player - Spotify
https://support.spotify.com/hk-en/using_spotify/the_basics/webplayer/

Edited by 7x3twenty1
add

30 minutes ago, 7x3twenty1 said:

Nothing will work for now unless there's a major core update

2 things wrong with this comment.

1/ Users above have said that it works for them. (unless there's something going on and it's actually playing through a spotify connect device they haven't noticed)
2/ MX5 is currently using Blink/Chrome 55.0.2883.75. Well above the 45+ that is recommended by Spotify. (unless there's something stripped out that Spotify needs to work, but again see point above)

Also, it was working fine up until about 1 week ago. So something did obviously change...

What may be an issue is the DRM that is in place, of which MX doesn't offer any control over, as noted in your 1st link. But again, see point 1.

My spotify continues to play with only one instance of M5 running and no other program running, i.e. the other player that used to open before the update. Whether having that other player(SpotifyAB windows app) installed on my pc is affecting my experience, I do not know. I guess I could uninstall it to see, but alas, old age and fatigue are getting the better of me.

6 hours ago, PHYR said:

Whether having that other player(SpotifyAB windows app) installed on my pc is affecting my experience, I do not know.

When you click the icon to the left of the volume bar what shows? There might be a number of options depending on what you have run Spotify before.

To ensure it's the current browser playing the music, there should be just some info on spotify connect. Otherwise it should show "Spotify Connect, this browser", or "Spotify Connect, Opera", etc depending on what is available to play through. If you do have more than one option and you select "this browser" and it still plays, then it's weird. If you, select that and it doesn't play then you have the same issue.

On 15/9/2017 at 9:03 PM, 7twenty said:

2 things wrong with this comment.

1/ Users above have said that it works for them. (unless there's something going on and it's actually playing through a spotify connect device they haven't noticed)
2/ MX5 is currently using Blink/Chrome 55.0.2883.75. Well above the 45+ that is recommended by Spotify. (unless there's something stripped out that Spotify needs to work, but again see point above)

Also, it was working fine up until about 1 week ago. So something did obviously change...

What may be an issue is the DRM that is in place, of which MX doesn't offer any control over, as noted in your 1st link. But again, see point 1.

Not working here definitely and i don't think once Maxthon meets the version it requires, it could run smoothly. And i think those who can use it is just the minority with luck and/or suitable system requirement(s).

It is a waste of time when you affirm Maxthon is working as after it updated to 55.x, it was not working in the new layout at the time before they push the UA update, i strongly believe.

I haven't use the play on other devices function(the green button like @PHYR).

未命名.png

Edited by 7x3twenty1

On 16/9/2017 at 8:53 PM, 7x3twenty1 said:

Not working here definitely and i don't think once Maxthon meets the version it requires, it could run smoothly. And i think those who can use it is just the minority with luck and/or suitable system requirement(s).

It is a waste of time when you affirm Maxthon is working as after it updated to 55.x, it was not working in the new layout at the time before they push the UA update, i strongly believe.

I haven't use the play on other devices function(the green button like @PHYR).

未命名.png

not resolved in 5.1.2.1000...

Although official said they resolved the 'supporting issue', not the oooops issue:(

i use facebook a/c

I've try:

1. clear site cookies 2.login/out 3.gif

In addition, i need to login in everytime after i close maxthon.

123.gif

Edited by 7x3twenty1

On 19/09/2017 at 11:31 PM, 7x3twenty1 said:

if u guys can provide more info just don't hesitate

Wish i could... played around with everything i can think, no dice.

This is one of the reasons I wish MX was more of a chrome clone... at least things like this wouldn't happen.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, 7x3twenty1 said:

some developer told me that maxthon's webkit is 10 version behind:(

10? i don't think so. MX4 is I think. MX5 is only 6 from what i can gather. And think there is an update coming in the coming months, so that should close the gap slightly.

Although, while the spotify issue is still occurring, i'm not sure if it's the old blink version that is causing the problem - only for the fact that PHYR is saying that it's working.. Still confused.

Although i have to say i've been looking around for another browser, in part because of this issue... not a happy camper!

Tried Spotify with M5.1.3.100 without issue. Closed the tab and tried again, did not run when clicking play on the album cover, song tittle or song list. Turned off AB+ and refreshed the page manually and it again had no issues playing using any of the methods used to play a song.

Edited by joemax

1 hour ago, joemax said:

Tried Spotify with M5.1.3.100 without issue.

This is what doesn't make sense to me. I've tried every new version released (all portable, all clean extracts with no userdata) and they all have the same issue.

Might be time to try the installer version...and see if that is the difference. Although still doesn't explain what the difference is, or why it's happening.

5 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Might be time to try the installer version...and see if that is the difference.

And there it is...

So it looks like the installer version auto-downloads the widevine DRM components which allows it to play. For whatever reason the same doesn't happen with portable. Why that is the case i'd be interested to know.

Copying over the files downloaded/installed from the installer version allows it to work. I had to refresh the page even after a restart before it worked, but got there in the end.

So for anyone with the issue you can:
1 / use the installer version;
2 / install the installer version, copy the files in core\plugins to the same folder in the portable version, delete the installer version;
3 / download and copy the files attached to the maxthon\core\plugins folder.

I'm not sure how this will affect any updates to the files.

Hopefully the dev's can fix this problem with the portable version.

@7x3twenty1

widevinecdmadapter.dll

widevinecdm.dll

On 10/11/2017 at 7:24 AM, 7twenty said:

And there it is...

So it looks like the installer version auto-downloads the widevine DRM components which allows it to play. For whatever reason the same doesn't happen with portable. Why that is the case i'd be interested to know.

Maybe because the portable version doesn't have access to spotify web helper????

Edit: If I disable Spotifywebhelper on start up, I can't get Spotify to play.

Edited by joemax

7 hours ago, joemax said:

Maybe because the portable version doesn't have access to spotify web helper???

I've never seen that file running, nor is it running now, yet i'm streaming spotify perfectly right now. Sounds like it might be related to the app rather than the webplayer.

I'm still thinking it's to do with the way MX is setup to download the extra DRM components, possibly using the mxup.exe program which portable doesn't include. And speaking of which I was just reading this comment again:

On 20/04/2017 at 3:57 PM, BugSir006 said:

And the core reason that Maxthon doesn't support well for Spotify (Netflix, Amazon video, etc.) is that Maxthon is lack DRM plug-in, which is 6m big.

Our PM decides to begin to program the plug-in for Maxthon, but will not add it to the install pack, since it will increase the size. They plan to make it cloud download when first time running Maxthon.

And i'm thinking, why?

Why would they not include the extra 6mb (2.4mb when compressed!) in the download package? If it gets downloaded at first start the data still gets used? It doesn't save MX, nor does it save the user any data, seeing as in both cases the extra data is downloaded anyway!! If that isn't the most stupidest idea, i don't know what is.

They used the same reasoning for not including all the language files in portable as well, also only adding <5mb to the package. In a world of UHD video, always on internet and unlimited data plans, an extra ~5mb isn't going to hurt anyone except the unlucky few who might still be on dialup. And there's no gain in trying to keep a very small minority happy compared to the majority.

Obviously I don't have the usage data that MX does - maybe it shows the only people that download portable are on slow connections? Maybe none of them are using streaming media that require the DRM files? Maybe they're all only english and chinese? Maybe for these reasons they decided not to include them... (I highly doubt it) who knows

I know i'd rather download a file that says it's 100mb complete, rather than a 50mb file, which then surreptitiously downloads another 50mb in the background.

At the end of the day, i'm happy my spotify issue is fixed (at least for now). Just a little annoyed that this could have been resolved much earlier with a simple response saying "portable doesn't include the DRM files".