64 bit MX 5

6 hours ago, Ivanjo said:

I think it would be much quicker and smoother on 64 bit systems.

Possibly a little. But honestly I think a lot of Maxthon's speed/smoothness issues aren't related to the bitness that it uses.

Other browsers that are 32bit run much smoother than MX. They have much more important things to do before thinking about a 64bit version.

9 hours ago, makper said:

Then I guess that the developers of Opera, Chrome and Firefox (to name a few), they had nothing better to do,

so they spend their time to develop x64 versions of ther browsers   :)

If you compare the 32 and 64 bit versions of all those browsers the one thing that will show the greatest difference is the use of ram, namely, 64 bit uses more ram then their 32 bit counterpart. Differences in speed or smoothness are imperceptible to the user.

4 hours ago, PHYR said:

one thing that will show the greatest difference is the use of ram, namely, 64 bit uses more ram then their 32 bit counterpart.

Well we can't have that. People already complain too much about MX's RAM usage.

Although that is one of the touted benefits of 64 bit, the ability to use more than 4gb ram.

24 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Well we can't have that. People already complain too much about MX's RAM usage.

Although that is one of the touted benefits of 64 bit, the ability to use more than 4gb ram.

Exactly, but if you have the ram, why not use it. It's ppl with 2GB that complain, not those with 32GB

Archived