Maxton window won't maximize from taskbar

Hi guys. I face this problem since 5.0.2.1000 (December 22) PC version, I keep updated Maxthon everytime when a new version (even beta) is out.

Simply, when Maxthon window is minimized, very often (countless times during the day) it gets stuck to the taskbar. A click on it doesn't maximize it, the only way is a right click, choosing Close window and cancelling the confirmation message; then it finally maximizes.

I am a patient user, I have been expecting that the bug would be vanished in some of the new version. Perhaps it is a problem with my configuration (Windows 10 64bit, regularly updated as well, Lenovo N580)...

Thank you for your help in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there, we could hardly reproduce this issue from our side, while our tester suspect this may be related to some existed bug about focus. And we are fixing them one by one. Also, we've released a new version 5.0.3.2000, you could download and have a try. We really appreciate your patience. Thank you!

Thank you for your answer.

I've updated to 503.2000 and the issue remains. However, I observed what triggers the problem - when just Maxthon window is minimized to taskbar, the problem doesn't occur; but when Maxthon window is minimized and then also a File Explorer window is minimized, the Maxthon window gets stuck and can't be maximized. Please note that other programs or windows can be minimized without causing the issue, it is about Windows's File Explorer.

Can not reproduce at all. Win10 home, Maxthon 5.0.3.2000. Open then minimize File Explorer window, open then minimize Maxthon 5 (Maxthon when open is maximized). No problem re-maximizing Maxthon with File Explorer minimized to task bar, either clicking on icon or clicking on small window that opens when I hover over Maxthon taskbar icon. Also tried with Maxthon not maximized when open, minimized to task bar, reopened when task bar icon clicked. Just can't seem to reproduce unless I am misunderstanding your procedure. I have 3 monitors but even tried it with both opening on the same monitor. Sorry, I'm not much help though I have never experienced this in any version of Maxthon.

Archived