Help link in menu goes to Facebook page!?

I am using Mx 5.0.2.2000, and had no issues until just a few minutes ago.  When I pressed the menu, went down to help, and went to Maxthon Community, I wound up in Facebook.  It had some Maxthon stuff there, but it was still my Facebook.  The only way I got to here was go to menu, then help, then help desk.  What do I need to do to get Maxthon work correct again.  It appears someone has "hacked" into Maxthon 5, and for community help diverts it to Facebook, and put a lot of Maxthon things there.  Oh, Also Mx4 does the same thing, so it is somewhere in the set up settings I think.

The "hack" was done by Maxthon itself. I believe you are referring to Maxthon's own FB page. So yeah, you'll probably see Maxthon related articles there.

On the left you'll find a link to Maxthon community, which also opens FB but redirects to the forum.

2 hours ago, nevergetany said:

So why did they do that?

Clearly they feel that FB is a better means of "help" for their users. I'm not a fan at all as a means of support. It's hard to track discussion and highlight problems/solutions, you can't search for issues. The only good thing about it is that a huge number of people already have it and know how to use it.

But hey... not my decision.

Just create a favourites link to the forum. Use that instead.

5 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Clearly they feel that FB is a better means of "help" for their users. I'm not a fan at all as a means of support. It's hard to track discussion and highlight problems/solutions, you can't search for issues. The only good thing about it is that a huge number of people already have it and know how to use it.

But hey... not my decision.

Just create a favourites link to the forum. Use that instead.

Well, that is a good work-around.  Just awkward that you have to go to facebook to get to the forum when you thought that going to help and then community would get you to where you wanted to go.  Of course you can still go to menu>help>help desk>community.  If I wanted to go to facebook, I would go to my page not Maxthons page. I really hope they get this corrected.  I also hope they get the "notify me of replies" corrected so the default is always on, and if you don't want it on, then you can put it to off.  I can't think of any instances when I would not want to be notified of response to my questions. So why would I want the default to be "off"?

1 hour ago, nevergetany said:

Just awkward that you have to go to facebook to get to the forum when you thought that going to help and then community would get you to where you wanted to go.  Of course you can still go to menu>help>help desk>community.

Or you could just click a saved link to the forum? I'm not sure what the apprehensiveness about it is over using the link in the menu?

For new users that aren't aware of the forum, well they're just going to get screwed over with a link to FB, and probably not being able to find any meaningful link to here. For users like yourself who are aware, just come here directly. No need for fancy links via the main menu. Going here directly via a saved favourites or the (old) menu link is exactly the same.

EDIT: split help link discussion from Facebook issue thread

Facebook is popular, so why so annoying? For communication with @Maxthon or @ Maxthon developer I even use Twitter. It goes faster, than here in the forum with the appropriate # Hashtags. 5 is a machine for fast-paced Internet workers who have little time: fast, simple, innovative. :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42: :p :D By the way: Even politicians and other great people use Facebook or Twitter.:)

Well, I did it.  Not sure how I did it, but I got the notification help page into QA.  Somehow I finally managed to find "Maxthon Home" page>community and Walla I was back to where the old "non-tampared with" menu>help>community sent us.  If it aint broke, don't fix it....they broke it, and we had to fix it back to the way it was before.  Apparently some programmer skipped class the day they taught what a "help" screen was for.  If facebook was that important to him, all he had to do was put in a link that said facebook page.  When I'm in help and I see community, I expect it to go to the community page, not by-pass it and go to some strange place called facebook, and then expect me to find my way back to the community page. Or did they change the definition of "community" and it now means "friends and followers" of Maxthon on facebook.  But what does that have to do with the catagory "help"

its just another nail in the coffin that is the forum - they seem not to value this place and the knowledge that is here - not thats theres much these days as most users have gone 

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Maxthon Community is Maxthon Community, not a Maxthon Facebook page. On Help Desk, on the official Maxthon page, everywhere Community leads to the forum. Only in menu "Community" leads to the facebook page. This change is reckless and unnecessary. Please return the link!

Thank you in advance!

2 hours ago, martinstz said:

Maxthon Community is Maxthon Community, not a Maxthon Facebook page. On Help Desk, on the official Maxthon page, everywhere Community leads to the forum. Only in menu "Community" leads to the facebook page. This change is reckless and unnecessary. Please return the link!

Thank you in advance!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Preach it brother!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived