Skins for MX 5.1.2.3000 [Customizables]

Wilser

7 hours ago, rick.lane said:

I'm starting a new post so as not to be lost if I edit a previous post. Wilser, I have found that applying your "Alpha Tab Bar below The Bookmarks Bar" skin to Mx 5.1.0.1400 causes my Maxthon Multisearch to display improperly. It displays the proper results but it is only in the right hand side of the results window and can not be moved via the lower scroll bar or stretched by dragging. Using a single search such as Google or Bing results in a properly displayed search result, filling the whole window. Hope this screenshot helps explain the issue. Not sure why this happens only when I apply your skin. I discovered that the skin affects this because I was testing a newer 5.1 internal release and Multisearch worked fine right after installing. But after I decided it was okay to apply your skin, that's when I discovered this issue was still there. I can post some other screenshots if that helps with your being able to diagnose this issue. Thanks as always for your skin work.Maxthon Desktop with Multisearch.jpg

Have the same problem.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
14 minutes ago, vedicaudio said:

Surprised that no one has reported this issue yet, which makes me wonder if it has to do with my particular screen resolution (1920x1080).

If I open 7 tabs, the 7th tab overlaps with the skins and minimize window icon. This is using the regular Alpha skin.

what browser version are you using?

3 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

Surprised that no one has reported this issue yet, which makes me wonder if it has to do with my particular screen resolution (1920x1080).

If I open 7 tabs, the 7th tab overlaps with the skins and minimize window icon. This is using the regular Alpha skin.

Nothing to do with you resolution, more likely a skin issue

@Wilser, I'm using 5.0.4.1000, had to downgrade for a while because the latest version was causing strange behavior on my PC.

@MaxthonDevs, if you are going to support skins, wouldn't it be better to actually have an option within the program to "load" a skin, rather than making the user overwrite files in the Bin folder, which requires admin privleges? It's not a very elegant way to implement this feature.

3 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

@Wilser, I'm using 5.0.4.1000, had to downgrade for a while because the latest version was causing strange behavior on my PC.

from 5.0.4.1000 until the current version there are a large number of changes in the interface, so the use of current skins in previous versions can generate errors like the one you mention.

the skins should only be used for the version that is indicated in the "title of this post".

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vedicaudio said:

@MaxthonDevs, if you are going to support skins, wouldn't it be better to actually have an option within the program to "load" a skin, rather than making the user overwrite files in the Bin folder, which requires admin privleges? It's not a very elegant way to implement this feature.

Excellent question, and one that they've decided to dodge despite it being asked countless times since the feature was dropped in MX4.

Part of the problem is that I don't think it's technically an officially supported feature, even though there is documentation explaining the details (albeit much is from MX3/4). So users that know create and modify the skins, and offer them to others.

On top of that the skin.maxthon.com page still shows " Maxthon Cloud Browser skin feature will see you soon. Please stay tuned.:) For more Maxthon news, please visit  ". Still no info on the main page that the skins on the site don't work with MX4/5. Given that MX3 is long since deprecated, there's no reason to even keep the site online anymore.

Thankfully Wilser still does create some skins for users despite no support from MX to make it easier for users to add them.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
45 minutes ago, vedicaudio said:

Today I updated to 5.1.2.3000. This reverted my skin to the Maxthon original, which wasn't surprising. Can I go ahead an install the most recent skin package, or do I need to wait for an updated skin package for *each* new MX5 version that is released?

Latest skins work with latest MX5 5.1.2.3000

1 hour ago, vedicaudio said:

Today I updated to 5.1.2.3000. This reverted my skin to the Maxthon original, which wasn't surprising. Can I go ahead an install the most recent skin package, or do I need to wait for an updated skin package for *each* new MX5 version that is released?

there is no additional change in the latest version of maxthon, so you can use the skin without problems.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2017 at 4:02 PM, Wilser said:

All Skins updated for maxthon 5.1.2.3000

* improved user bar for ( alpha skins )

@Wilser:  I've run into a problem with the new UserBar, or rather returning FROM it.  I am running Mx 5.1.2.3000 on Win7 Enterprise 64-bit.  I just re-downloaded the skin today, just in case.

Displaying the Userbar is normal.  But when I return from it to what should be my QA,  I see solid brown (using the built-in brown theme, 3rd skin  on the second row of the Skin Center):  However if I take a screenshot it shows the QA not the obscuring background.  There is one more fact - this does NOT happen on an actual web page such as this message page I'm on.  It seems it may be focused on the QA page.  I've not explored other actual pages yet.

REFRESH does not clear it; RELOAD LAST PAGE takes me to a different tab without the problem.  Quiting and re-launching Mx5 brings things back to normal.  For someone who doesn't use the Userbar, not a problem; for ones who do, a big inconvenience.  First operational glitch I've encountered in your skins.

<<SL>>

Edited by SnowLeopard

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
On 10/27/2017 at 6:08 AM, Denr said:

Do not work for version 5-1-3-1000. This is normal?

I returned version 5-1-2-3000, but I can not restore the previous skin. How to fix? Thank you

Re: Normal?  Yes it has always been possible that the skin might fail on a later version due to changes and new features.  You're using 5.1.3.1000, bit the skin is for 5.1.2.1000.  I don't know whether such changes occured between these versions.

If you didn't backup or rename UIMain.dat and UIHuge.dat and if you used it) the start folder im Maxthon (or Maxthon_Portable\bin\, then you'll have to re-install (or re-unzip) to recover those files and folder.  If you have backups, just replace those files from your backups.

<<SL>>

Edited by SnowLeopard
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, nogain said:

Does anyone create the skin for new versions ?     

might be some on chinese forum - apart from that there are not many - you could always make your own as others do

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit