Skins for MX 5.1.2.3000 [Customizables]

Wilser

5 hours ago, QIK5L said:

Spelling mistake - show/ hide sidebar, you forgot the "h" in show chrome skin

Can I get Chrome with the searchbar back on the QA please Wisler.

• Already corrected in the last version. Thanks for reporting this.

• The QA search bar is the same as the address bar and there is no need to make it go down to the QA page

4 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Can I ask a stupid question? What are the files in the start folder for? They don't open with the MXpacker and I can't figure out what their for or how they're created?

Rename them to .bmp and be able to edit them with Paint, Photoshop , Fireworks , etc.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi @Wilser!

First of all thanks for the skins and your work with them! You are awesome! :D
I have some feedbacks for you from some bugs which affects all skins...Alpha (all versions of the) skin,Chrome skin,Mac skin,Macaw skin »
- If closing a site without log out,the checkbox and buttons names of pop-up dialog window (named »"Confirm from the page...") are incorrect ("{DIALOG!DoNotShowAgain}","{DIALOG!OK}" and {DIALOG!CANCEL})
- The "Maxnote"-"Passkeeper"-"UUMail"-bar (maybe it's name is profile-bar) is not changing its color with the other bars if the user changes the browser color

Profile_bar-incorrect_with_the_Alpha_skin.png

Dialog_window-incorrect_with_the_Alpha_skin.png

Profile_bar-correct_with_the_defaul_skin.png

Dialog_window-correct_with_the_defaul_skin.png

Regards,

"it's me,nx"

Edited by itsmenx
  • Like 1

Hi @Wilser!
That was the problem with the pop-up dialog window. I'm using MX 5.0.4.3000 but I used the 1.0.4 version of the skins,
Now I'm using the latest version (1.0.5) of the skins and the pop-up dialog window (named »"Confirm from the page...") is working fine,but the color of the "Maxnote"-"Passkeeper"-"UUMail"-bar (maybe it's name is profile-bar) is not changing its color with the other bars if the user changes the browser color.
Please check it.

Regards,

"it's me,nx"

10 hours ago, Wilser said:

@itsmenx Maybe you are using an older version of skins or a version higher than MX 5.0.4.3000, so you would have these problems. Remember that the latest version of the skins is 1.0.5

MX5_and_the_Alpha_skin_version_check_1.png

MX5_and_the_Alpha_skin_version_check_2.png

16 hours ago, itsmenx said:

but the color of the "Maxnote"-"Passkeeper"-"UUMail"-bar (maybe it's name is profile-bar) is not changing its color with the other bars if the user changes the browser color.
Please check it.

I'll work on it after the maxthon team updates the core of mx5

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Wilser said:

May I suggest replacing the favorites heart icon with the star icon of the current builds, except with the bolder lines yolur icons have.

BTW, I've had no problems porting your changes into the 5.x.x builds.  Porting is really trivial; it took a bit longer to work out some changes.

I'll be watching for your 5.1.xx version.

Have you tried re-enabling the Over/Under buttons in Skin Center?  The code is still there, but I'm not sure whether or not main.solid has been updated.  

<<SL>>

22 hours ago, Wilser said:

Chiming in with something that occurred to me and I see that there has been some recent activity on this thread. I was curious if you, Wilser, or anybody else knows if the folder and files used in these skins (start;UIHuge.dat;UIMain.dat) have significantly changed in their original form in these 5.1 versions such that using one of your skins (I like to use the Alpha-Tab Bar below the Bookmarks Bar one) by replacing these files with your modified files and folder might remove a new feature or something that I won't see if I use your skins? I haven't dug into these files and folder to know just what they do control so I'm just curious if these files and folder are updated in these new core versions, 5.1.0.x, which I have been testing for a few weeks now and that have now been released in beta to the forum, and subsequently will need to be updated for your skins. The skin I like to use appears to work fine for me in this latest beta, 5.1.0.1400, but I don't know if something new is being left out by using the old modified files and folder. As always, your skin work goes above and beyond and are greatly appreciated. Hopefully you are able to shed some light on this issue.

7 hours ago, SnowLeopard said:

May I suggest replacing the favorites heart icon with the star icon of the current builds, except with the bolder lines yolur icons have.

Have you tried re-enabling the Over/Under buttons in Skin Center?  The code is still there, but I'm not sure whether or not main.solid has been updated.  

• Favorites icon updated in version 1.0.6

• I am sorry. I do not want to waste time trying something I know that still does not work.

4 hours ago, rick.lane said:

Chiming in with something that occurred to me and I see that there has been some recent activity on this thread. I was curious if you, Wilser, or anybody else knows if the folder and files used in these skins (start;UIHuge.dat;UIMain.dat) have significantly changed in their original form in these 5.1 versions such that using one of your skins (I like to use the Alpha-Tab Bar below the Bookmarks Bar one) by replacing these files with your modified files and folder might remove a new feature or something that I won't see if I use your skins? I haven't dug into these files and folder to know just what they do control so I'm just curious if these files and folder are updated in these new core versions, 5.1.0.x, which I have been testing for a few weeks now and that have now been released in beta to the forum, and subsequently will need to be updated for your skins. The skin I like to use appears to work fine for me in this latest beta, 5.1.0.1400, but I don't know if something new is being left out by using the old modified files and folder. As always, your skin work goes above and beyond and are greatly appreciated. Hopefully you are able to shed some light on this issue.

• Here I leave a list of the files added, removed and modified in the latest version of mx5 (5.1.0.1400).

• When using these skins you will not lose any characteristic. Files are always updated when there are changes or improvements to the interface.

Bin\Start\

Files deleted (0)

New files added (0)

Modified files (0)

UIHuge

Files deleted (0)

New files added (16)

*UIHuge\infobars\guest_launch\index.htm
*UIHuge\infobars\images\dropdown.svg
*UIHuge\infobars\import_data\importing.htm
*UIHuge\infobars\import_data\import_ended.htm
*UIHuge\infobars\import_guest\index.htm
*UIHuge\infobars\magic_fill\overwrite.htm
*UIHuge\infobars\magic_fill\save.htm
*UIHuge\infobars\set_default_browser\index.htm
*UIHuge\infobars\smart_core_ie\index.htm
*UIHuge\infobars\style.css
*UIHuge\infobars\textbar\index.htm
*UIHuge\msg_icons\msg_alert.png
*UIHuge\msg_icons\msg_game.png
*UIHuge\msg_icons\msg_haha.png
*UIHuge\msg_icons\msg_shop.png
*UIHuge\msg_icons\msg_star.png

Modified files (3)

*UIHuge\main\main-menu\menu.css
*UIHuge\other\multi-search\index.htm
*UIHuge\other\multi-search\style.css

UIMain

Files deleted (0)

New files added (0)

Modified files (2)

*UIMain\main\navbar\addressbox.css
*UIMain\main\objects\avatar.css

Edited by Wilser

I'm starting a new post so as not to be lost if I edit a previous post. Wilser, I have found that applying your "Alpha Tab Bar below The Bookmarks Bar" skin to Mx 5.1.0.1400 causes my Maxthon Multisearch to display improperly. It displays the proper results but it is only in the right hand side of the results window and can not be moved via the lower scroll bar or stretched by dragging. Using a single search such as Google or Bing results in a properly displayed search result, filling the whole window. Hope this screenshot helps explain the issue. Not sure why this happens only when I apply your skin. I discovered that the skin affects this because I was testing a newer 5.1 internal release and Multisearch worked fine right after installing. But after I decided it was okay to apply your skin, that's when I discovered this issue was still there. I can post some other screenshots if that helps with your being able to diagnose this issue. Thanks as always for your skin work.Maxthon Desktop with Multisearch.jpg

Edited by rick.lane
spelling