Skins for MX 5.1.2.3000 [Customizables]

Wilser

6 hours ago, Wilser said:

Customizable skins for mx 5 will be available when this entry reaches 20 I like.

If you like these "skins" click the button "I like"!

I like the two ideas above, not the "Nitro" one so much..  I hope your count reaches threshold when some of your skins are ready.

Welcome back.   BTW, pleasecheck your IM for an off-topic request.

<<SL>>

• Like 5

Welcome back. I "Liked" them  so that the count will go up, but I won't be using any of them as the only skin change I would like is the tab bar able to be the bottom bar in the top group, below the address bar and the favorites bar (which I don't use anyway) and the last tool bar above the content window. I'm sure that when you get enough "likes" and go ahead with this project, that you will be able to incorporate something along those lines down the road. Good work nonetheless. Thanks.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, rick.lane said:

Welcome back. I "Liked" them  so that the count will go up, but I won't be using any of them as the only skin change I would like is the tab bar able to be the bottom bar in the top group, below the address bar and the favorites bar (which I don't use anyway) and the last tool bar above the content window. I'm sure that when you get enough "likes" and go ahead with this project, that you will be able to incorporate something along those lines down the road. Good work nonetheless. Thanks.

I'm with you Rick, I like the Mx4 Tas Over and Tabs Under buttons.  I hope they're returned once they finish the work in UIHuge>main_solid.  I've looked at it some and it doesn't seem complete yet.

<<SL>>

8 hours ago, Wilser said:

Thank you all again for the welcome. :) 

@rick.lane @SnowLeopard Thanks for commenting and letting me know your wishes, but to make them come true, I would like to know the number of the skin they want with the eyelash bar at the bottom.

@Magdalene Will be back, please be patient :wink:

Wilser, thanks for replying. Right now, I am using a modified UIMain.dat that Tony, our other skins guy, made and posted to achieve the tab bar being below the address bar. I found that with this file mod, if I do turn on the Favorites bar, the tab bar appears between the Favorites bar and the address bar. It seems to work just fine for me right now. However, that is all it accomplishes (as that is all it was intended to accomplish) and it would be nice to be able to add it as an option (this mod is just for this with no option to turn it on or off as Tony intended) to any or all of your skins, especially if you include some other modifications in your skins. Your choice and option to do with your skins as you desire; just putting my 2 cents into the discussion and I am sure that I will more than appreciate whatever you come up with as this is not my strong point. Thanks again.

Edited by rick.lane

8 hours ago, PHYR said:

Is the status bar also painted? With skin number one the status bar flashes but is not painted.

Also, is it possible to add our own images as a skin?

• Of course the status bar also changes color.

• If it refers to using own images as background. if possible!

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Wilser said:

I re-compressed the files. Try it now!

They appear to be intact, but I'm having an access violation when trying to install. Probably my fault though, haven't played with skins recently. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

8 minutes ago, PHYR said:

They appear to be intact, but I'm having an access violation when trying to install. Probably my fault though, haven't played with skins recently. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

Before applying the skin make sure there are no active processes of maxthon.

Thank you so much Wilser for also making a version with the tab bar below the Favorites and Address bar that I and Snow Leopard had requested. Works just fine with the new 1400 beta. Just to be clear and certain, these new skins are just cosmetic skins and I'm not missing some other changes to the menu or other modifications elsewhere that some earlier version skins that some others, maybe even you, had made earlier. I am not in need of any other changes/modifications but was just wondering as I do remember some other skins in earlier versions did modify other settings and menus. Good work and thanks again for addressing users requests.

Just updated  to skin version 1.0.1 with tabs below address bar. Works fine with new beta 1400. Though I have to admit, I haven't yet seen what you may have updated from 1.0.0 and 1.0.1. I did notice something I had not noticed before and that was that the External Tools icon is not appearing in the toolbar even though I have it checked and links added to it. So, I went back to the original UI.dat etc and checked to make sure that it wasn't your skin that caused that and it is missing even in the original, so I guess I should post that somewhere where it will be noticed. Your skin is not the culprit and I haven't found anything that it doesn't render correctly, so again, good job and Thanks.