Maxthon Browser (BETA) V 5.0.3.900 *Bugs, Problems*

Hi there, I think for Users that use Skype in Browsers, i really like to have an "Skype webplugin.." for Maxthon 5 and laters versions :) (3)

and To "add" Button in the Original site of Adblockplus for Adding new Abbonements and straight add these filters in Adblock plus, without to install it manually (Please "Add" button so that we not to type filters manually in Adblock Plus). :) (4) Google chrome already Have these setting when you click on "Abonnement now" that the Adblock plus window appear with the Filter to succesfully add. 

and Found issue's in: "Nightmode" there's No Button: "Settings Night-mode" Just blank bar.. Fix this please. :) (1)

and there's also no Button in "Capture" just Blank bar.. fix this also Please. :) (2) 

'Brent. [BUGS and ISSUE'S] 

1.png

2.png

3.png

4.png

1 hour ago, TỠXĭĊSŌÚL said:

and Found issue's in: "Nightmode" there's No Button: "Settings Night-mode" Just blank bar.. Fix this please. :) (1)

and there's also no Button in "Capture" just Blank bar.. fix this also Please. :) (2) 

Nothing wrong here.

Try changing your language to English and see if the same happens. If not, then it's related to the language file which would need to be fixed/updated.

That's also odd, because if a translation isn't available then it should revert to the english string.

1 hour ago, TỠXĭĊSŌÚL said:

and To "add" Button in the Original site of Adblockplus for Adding new Abbonements and straight add these filters in Adblock plus, without to install it manually (Please "Add" button so that we not to type filters manually in Adblock Plus). :) (4) Google chrome already Have these setting when you click on "Abonnement now" that the Adblock plus window appear with the Filter to succesfully add. 

That would be nice. Would make it a little more user friendly. Not sure if that's an MX or ABP issue though.

8 minutes ago, Wilser said:

favicons...

Seems to fix itself after enabling/disabling in settings.

5 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Seems to fix itself after enabling/disabling in settings.

If you restart the browser, the icons are hidden again. But if you delete what is indicated in the previous image and recompile UIHuge will be fixed !.

I don't know that it is a bug or not but I have problem with sidebar favourites. In MX4 You could open new tabs by pressing middle button of mouse (scroll button) but You can't do it in MX5 PC beta 5.0.3.900, it works normally when I use Maxnote but it doesn't with sidebar favourites. I know there is option to open sites in new tab by using little arrow but when You want to open many tabs fast it is a pain to do it that way and it takes time.

Is it only me or other users have the same problem?

Oh btw Thank You for bringing back sidebar favourites. :)

12 minutes ago, stifani said:

hello

there is no CPU USAGE addon to show on statistics on status bar, like memory usage, ip address, Global Mute/Unmute, Split Screen, and so on. Those are really useful information and features.

http://imgur.com/a/GUtTi

Also in previous version 5.0.2.2000 and previouses this one, the download speed and upload speed always show 0KB/s. 

These options can be found in:

CPU.png

7 hours ago, 7twenty said:

That would be nice. Would make it a little more user friendly. Not sure if that's an MX or ABP issue though.

It's an Maxthon-issue i think let's try to add abonnement to Maxthon 5 (there will come only a window with play store) 

https://adblockplus.org/nl/subscriptions

Google chrome has already The option when you click on "Add abonnement" that your adblock plus window appear with the filter and that you can succesfull add in in your adblock.. and sure that would be a nice option for users, because nobody wants to add filters manually type it in the Custom filters. xD

and maybe another idea is to have an "Updater" for Maxthon 5 (Adobe Flash Player" or to have always the latest Adobe flash player in Maxthon 5 (updated-itself) 

because, who want's to manually copy and replace files for just Adobe flash player? :(

and Later this day i will add another Issue :) but now i'm going to skool

2 hours ago, TỠXĭĊSŌÚL said:

and maybe another idea is to have an "Updater" for Maxthon 5 (Adobe Flash Player" or to have always the latest Adobe flash player in Maxthon 5 (updated-itself) 

U'll have updated flash palyer and core soon, our developers are programming these parts now. 

15 minutes ago, phoenix-76 said:

5.0.3.900 Quick Tools bar not allowing to display more than 5 icons

Hi phoenix, I don't think it's a bug, it's just designed like this. Since too many icon cramed there is not that visual comfort. And not all add-ons need to be clicked to activate. You can hide some of them.

40 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi phoenix, I don't think it's a bug, it's just designed like this. Since too many icon cramed there is not that visual comfort. And not all add-ons need to be clicked to activate. You can hide some of them.

well, the 5.0.2.2000 version allowed more then 5

sadly i could not locate the code for it in UIHuge.dat yet!

just did the "standard" change so far :p

MaxthonSnap20170315103142.png

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

I don't think it's a bug, it's just designed like this. Since too many icon cramed there is not that visual comfort.

Hi BugSir006. It's highly subjective evalution and as such it should be left to users to decide whether 6 tool icons is already too many or not. Why to enforce a limit, if there's no demand for it? Since this change has not been commented in 5.0.3.900 release notes, since it does not work for me, and because it was possible to add more than 5 icons until this beta release (more than 5 can be added in 5.0.2.2000), I cannot but consider it a bug.

While your argument of a design decision may work for very low resolutions, it cannot justify the change for high-res screen users. I really have absolutely no use for a 2000px wide address bar with my 2560x1440 screen, while I miss the possibility to display more than 5 tool icons.

Please reconsider you position on enforcing limitations if they are neither needed for objective functionality or design reasons nor asked for by the community. If you still feel it's necessary to spoon-feed some novice users with design guidelines, just have the Quick Tools bar resized dynamically based upon the actual MX5 window size, or make the Quick Tools bar element manually resizable. For majority of power-users of your browser however, having more flexibility and less limitations would work the best. And please don't forget that it's the power-user community who provides you with all this feedback :)

5 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Wilser, not sure what's the exact issues with these three screenshots. Since 7twenty has answered your 1st pic, then could you further explain the other two so that I can test it myself?

I have also problems with shortcut bar icons. When I start MX5, there are no icons. Have to go to settings and check and uncheck "Hide Shortcut bar icons" to show... But, after restart, problem is there again. Also noticed that when I use some background picture as a skin, I had to check and uncheck settings option several times to have icons again...

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

middle button also works on sidebar, what's your OS? Tried again with a clean install?

Nope not working here. Middle-clicking the same links in Maxnote works as expected. This is on a clean portable version.

6 hours ago, TỠXĭĊSŌÚL said:

It's an Maxthon-issue i think let's try to add abonnement to Maxthon 5 (there will come only a window with play store) 

https://adblockplus.org/nl/subscriptions

Google chrome has already The option when you click on "Add abonnement" that your adblock plus window appear with the filter and that you can succesfull add in in your adblock.. and sure that would be a nice option for users, because nobody wants to add filters manually type it in the Custom filters. xD

It's a maxthon issue, but it may an ABP issue in that they need to implement the code for it. I'm not sure who/how that was all organised. No reason why it can't be done though, might just need a few more bits added for it to work.

6 hours ago, TỠXĭĊSŌÚL said:

and maybe another idea is to have an "Updater" for Maxthon 5 (Adobe Flash Player" 

See the Adobe Flash & Maxthon thread:
http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/21476-adobe-flash-and-maxthon/#comment-113207

May I continue this thread for v5.0.3.900 problems?

I've noticed some issues in Facebook photo galleries:

1) Mx stops loading pictures after 1, 2, ... few screens down. Need to reload page to go farther.

2) "galleries", "photos by..." links don't work. Mx changes the address in the address bar, but nothing happens. Need to go there manually (to hit Enter).
//correction: if default gallery is small and fully loaded, they CAN act ok//

And an additional, "Download file" dialog uses very small font.

8 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Wilser, not sure what's the exact issues with these three screenshots. Since 7twenty has answered your 1st pic, then could you further explain the other two so that I can test it myself?

Video of the first screenshot

Video of the second screenshot

Video of the third screenshot

22 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

middle button also works on sidebar, what's your OS? Tried again with a clean install?

Yes I tried it with clean install and it still doesn't work. My OS is Windows 7 Home Premium x64. And now after instaling MX5 again I lost all my favourite bookmarks from Maxnote ;( and I can't sync them...

Edit: I got all my favourites back, so no worries :)  I just had to turn it off and on again and I got them back.

18 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Nope not working here. Middle-clicking the same links in Maxnote works as expected. This is on a clean portable version.

Sorry I misunderstood it to the star in favorite bar. And this function is still under developing and not available in this beta. 

On 3/14/2017 at 7:14 AM, garnizon said:

I have problem with sidebar favourites. In MX4 You could open new tabs by pressing middle button of mouse (scroll button) but You can't do it in MX5 PC beta 5.0.3.900

this function is still under developing :Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

20 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

While your argument of a design decision may work for very low resolutions, it cannot justify the change for high-res screen users. I really have absolutely no use for a 2000px wide address bar with my 2560x1440 screen, while I miss the possibility to display more than 5 tool icons.

Very persuasive and reasonable, I'll forward your voices to our product manager and encourage you to raise a poll here for people to upvote! :)

17 hours ago, observer said:

1) Mx stops loading pictures after 1, 2, ... few screens down. Need to reload page to go farther.

can't confirm here, could be an internet issue?

17 hours ago, observer said:

2) "galleries", "photos by..." links don't work. Mx changes the address in the address bar, but nothing happens. Need to go there manually (to hit Enter).
//correction: if default gallery is small and fully loaded, they CAN act ok//

Can't find where "galleries" or "photos by...", could you provide a page and a screenshot of where to click that you can reproduce this issue all the time?

Archived