BelieverZ

How to add MX4 Skins to MX5 V5.03.900 beta

8 posts in this topic

I've downloaded the skin from MX4, where do I add into MX5?

1 minute ago, BelieverZ said:

good question - not looked deeply but i think their definition of a skin is different from what you and i might think - you can change the background colour and/or change same background to one of a few defined pictures - it may be possible to add your own picture but i think? thats it - if so its all in the definition - MX4 skins are different things and i cannot see it being possible to add those to MX5

Posted (edited)

But the changelog says:  + Support MX4 skin function

Edited by BelieverZ

3 minutes ago, BelieverZ said:

it does indeed which is why i said i think their definition of a skin is different to yours and mine - in MX4 you could do what they have added to 5 - many call that a skin - its not - well not imo but you will have to wait for an official answer

Thank you for explaining, Tony.

I'll just stick to the white colour for now I guess.

3 hours ago, BelieverZ said:

I think this is about .mxskin support

5 hours ago, BelieverZ said:

Doubt it would work, or might cause some issues seeing as there's quite a few differences in the default UI in MX5. Unless the skin was a complete UI update, I think it will have some problems displaying. Haven't tested though.

1 hour ago, A.S. said:

think this is about .mxskin support

This. Seems they've added support to allow using .mxskin files... now if only there was someone to create a skin...

8 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Doubt it would work, or might cause some issues seeing as there's quite a few differences in the default UI in MX5. Unless the skin was a complete UI update, I think it will have some problems displaying. Haven't tested though.

This. Seems they've added support to allow using .mxskin files... now if only there was someone to create a skin...

No worries, we have tony.