Password manager forgot all passwords

18 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

@Rednaxela.Lgirts  @DEANRE @Ices_Eyes

For those who have Passkeeper issue, please try the following steps first:

• Firstly, you need to turn off the Internet, and then find the backup data: %appdata%>Maxthon5>Users>name of your account>backup>magicfill, and then copy the file which you think that is the complete data.
  • Secondly, rename the file as mxpwd.dat
  • Thirdly, you need to find the site of the file which you current used browser: %appdata%>Maxthon 5>Users>your account>magicfill, rename the file maxpwd.dat and then paste the mxpwd.dat which you second step copied.
  • Fourthly, launch the Maxthon 5, change the data slightly, such as passkeeper>autosaved passwords>find a record to change the title, facebook changed as the facebook1, and then close the browser.
  • Fifthly, connect the Internet, launch Maxthon 5, the browser will be sync automatically, it will be solved. 

If you still experience the issue after trying, please provide the following info so that our technicians can quickly identify the problem:
  1. Maxthon account (passport),
  2. How many devices do you have MX5 installed and what are they? (PCs, mobiles, Mac etc)
  3. What are the Maxthon5 versions you installed in your devices?
  4. Detailed description of your problem (lost all or part of the passwords, the loss happens on all devices or one of them?)

Works. Thank you!

Can you please forward the information to Maxthon so that they can solve the problem and build a safety net for the future..

Hi all, after the analyzing by our programmers, it's supposed to be related to a bug fixed before. 

And it may affect users installed with version 1500 and below. So please let us know the version you are using.

If some of you also encounter this issue with version 1500 above, then please provide the detialed info to us for further analyze.

Thanks for you quick responding and feedback.  

19 hours ago, Rednaxela.Lgirts said:

account #1: passwords listed on PC - not listed on Tablett (passwords created on PC)

account #2: passwords not listed on PC - listed on Tablett (passwords created on Tablett)

Hi there, thx for the valuable info and could you provide the two accounts for us to check?

3 hours ago, PHYR said:

Have you tried logging in to Maxthon browser with both accounts from both machines? First log out and then log in with second account.

This is how to do it on pc(see image)... then login with your other account.

logout.png

Id logged out and in very often and dont work.

Every time when i logged out/in i checked uu.ue. Always old or empty list. Id also turned off my anti virus program - but maxthon5 dont synch with uu.ue.

have had the same issue,

this happened some time before too on maxthon 3 and maxthon 4, and was caused by a data conflict between local and online files.

i did do a feature request which can prevent this, (a window asking which user data you want to use "local or online" if you choose local the local will sync and replace the online ones, and if you choose online it will replace the local  ones)

I have two pc with same account and autosync. What happen was one pc had 0 passwords, the other all 182. Both said was synced.

Tried to restore a backup from the first pc. Passwords appeared. Add a new password on that then synced. Now I have first pc with 183 accounts, the other with 182. And still both saying they are synced...

Mx version: 5.0.2.2000

Account: Sent to bug some other times via pm. If needed, will resend on private again.

If it is a matter of sync conflict, please make a window asking user what to maintain for each conflicting entry, giving information on both entries, not just asking if to maintain online or local...

16 minutes ago, Partyhead said:

Account  partyhead@gmail.com

Thx a lot. Have forwarded to our technicians!

BTW, have you tried the steps?

On 3/6/2017 at 11:58 AM, BugSir006 said:
  • Shut off the Internet, and then find the backup file from %appdata%>Maxthon5>Users>name of your account>backup>magicfill. Then copy the file which you think is the complete and latest.
  • Rename the file as mxpwd.dat
  • Find the location of the file which you currently used: %appdata%>Maxthon 5>Users>your account>magicfill, rename the file maxpwd.dat and then paste the mxpwd.dat which you copied in the last step.
  • Launch Maxthon 5, slightly change the list entries, such as passkeeper>autosaved passwords>find a record to change the title, "facebook" changed to "facebook1", then close the browser.
  • Connect to the internet, launch Maxthon 5, the data will be synced automatically, solved. 

41 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

BTW, have you tried the steps?

Yes. tried. As i told i have fresh windows instalation, so backups only  for last 2 days.  24 kb  with 8 new autosaved passwords

So yes , did all steps ans still 8 new passwords in passkeeper.  Autofill dont work for my accounts

And unfortunatelly dont have other pc to copy backup with all passwords

35 minutes ago, Partyhead said:

As i told i have fresh windows instalation, so backups only  for last 2 days.

Got it, so your backup file is not complete. I'll let our technicians try to restore your data before the date you reinstalled your win.

And have you checked uu.me? is there any passwords in the list?

26 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Got it, so your backup file is not complete. I'll let our technicians try to restore your data before the date you reinstalled your win.

And have you checked uu.me? is there any passwords in the list?

Same 8 new passwords entered last 2 days  https://www.uu.me/password/fav.html

better restore 1-2 weeks ago. Dont remember when its happen. Made tests with windows instalations, so reinstall windows some 5 times last week. Notice password lost week ago.  But did not have time to report here. 

16 hours ago, Partyhead said:

better restore 1-2 weeks ago. Dont remember when its happen. Made tests with windows instalations, so reinstall windows some 5 times last week. Notice password lost week ago.  But did not have time to report here. 

Hi Partyhear, our technicians have helped restore your data, please check and let me know if it's ok now :)

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Partyhear, our technicians have helped restore your data, please check and let me know if it's ok now :)

Hello . uninstall mx5 with check box - delete all user data .  install mx5.0.2.2000.exe , login . sync some 3 min 

bookmarks ok ,  passkeeper - a t first show same 8 records .  and https://www.uu.me/password/fav.html   also 8 rec 

BUT !  after some 2-3 min, while i write this post - all 220 records APPEAR !!!! 

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

43 minutes ago, Partyhead said:

Hello . uninstall mx5 with check box - delete all user data .  install mx5.0.2.2000.exe , login . sync some 3 min 

bookmarks ok ,  passkeeper - a t first show same 8 records .  and https://www.uu.me/password/fav.html   also 8 rec 

BUT !  after some 2-3 min, while i write this post - all 220 records APPEAR !!!! 

THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you are using a slow connection this should be expected? On a faster connection the time is mush less. Remember, other things are being updated too, like QA, settings, etc.

On 7. 3. 2017 at 6:40 AM, BugSir006 said:

And it may affect users installed with version 1500 and below.

Happened to me just today with 5.0.2.2000, so you may want to scrutinize the aforementioned statement given by your programmers!

I've managed to recover from the loss of my 150 passwords using your previous hint eventually (I appreciate that very much, BugSir006. Thank you!), but the bitterness from having experienced failure of this kind remains. And frankly, my long-term determination to use Maxthon as my primary browser has received yet another serious hit.

I really do hope you realize that product defect of this magnitude, which may have put virtual identities of many Maxthon users in jeopardy cannot be dealt on par with some "missing skin support" problems. This is a deal breaker, it undermines trust many of us put into your product and as such it should be approached and dealt with.

The minimum I expect from you is affirmation the problem is being worked on with utmost priority, clear statement on root cause of this failure once it's known, and description of containment and preventive measures taken not to allow recurrence of this problem in the future. Thanks for comprehension.

14 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

The minimum I expect from you is affirmation the problem is being worked on with utmost priority, clear statement on root cause of this failure once it's known, and description of containment and preventive measures taken not to allow recurrence of this problem in the future. Thanks for comprehension.

Hi phoenix-76, thanks for the concern. And please refer to this post here:

Archived