passwords are unusable with MX5; and a plea to Jeff

It used to be I could use LastPass and Password Key simultaneously.  

But now, as others have pointed out, LastPass doesn't work with MX5.  And that's with the latest version of everything.

And PassKeeper doesn't work. Or at least I assume it doesn't work because I can't find any way to use it or any instructions on how it's supposed to work or how I'm supposed to add passwords and get PassKeeper to fill them at appropriate sites. I have something like 400 passwords in PassKeeper,  so it's not for the lack of words to use. It's because it's not intuitive and there are not instructions, at least not where a normal human would look for them.

Jeff, man, you can build the greatest browser in the world--and I think you may have--but if you don't include clear instructions  that are easy to find, and if, from version to version, you move  buttons and features all over the place for no obvious reason, and if extensions stop working with Maxthon, and if you can't fix the grammar mistakes on your English pages and screens--mistakes that make MX5 look downright amateurish--then no matter how many great ideas and how much work you put  into Maxthon, if you neglect the basics, it's going to fail.

ron, 

19 minutes ago, MaxthonGuy said:

and if you can't fix the grammar mistakes on your English pages and screens--mistakes that make MX5 look downright amateurish--

Thank you for also mentioning this!

I've managed to get quite a few fixed thanks to the bugs* but still took way too long, and frankly shouldn't have happened in the first place.

23 minutes ago, MaxthonGuy said:

because I can't find any way to use it or any instructions on how it's supposed to work or how I'm supposed to add passwords and get PassKeeper to fill them at appropriate sites.

Make sure Magic Fill settings is set to "Auto" in Settings > General  (that should probably be changed to Passkeeper as well?)

Or double click on a field and select one of the drop down options. Nothing has changed since MX4 as far as I can tell.

As far as using it to create passwords, i haven't played with that so can't really comment on it.

It used to be I could use LastPass and Password Key simultaneously.  

But now, as others have pointed out, LastPass doesn't work with MX5.  And that's with the latest version of everything.

And PassKeeper doesn't work. Or at least I assume it doesn't work because I can't find any way to use it or any instructions on how it's supposed to work or how I'm supposed to add passwords and get PassKeeper to fill them at appropriate sites. I have something like 400 passwords in PassKeeper,  so it's not for the lack of words to use. It's because it's not intuitive and there are not instructions, at least not where a normal human would look for them.

Jeff, man, you can build the greatest browser in the world--and I think you may have--but if you don't include clear instructions  that are easy to find, and if, from version to version, you move  buttons and features all over the place for no obvious reason, and if extensions stop working with Maxthon, and if you can't fix the grammar mistakes on your English pages and screens--mistakes that make MX5 look downright amateurish--then no matter how many great ideas and how much work you put  into Maxthon, if you neglect the basics, it's going to fail.

ron, 

1 hour ago, MaxthonGuy said:

if you can't fix the grammar mistakes on your English pages and screens--mistakes that make MX5 look downright amateurish--then no matter how many great ideas and how much work you put  into Maxthon, if you neglect the basics, it's going to fail.

I must agree.

Jeff, there is much to say, but  I'm working on a project in our bathroom right now.  But I'll get back to  you as soon as I can and attempt an exhaustive--if I can manage that-- critique of MX5.  It has some great features, but  the  user interface is as poor as I've seen in 30 years of reviewing software, and the attention to detail is so lacking, I'd think a user would conclude the whole  program must have been slapped together.   One question for now, though: Do you have a quality control person?

Ron

Hi Ron, 

9 hours ago, MaxthonGuy said:

30 years of reviewing software

Really honored to have an experienced reviewer like you in our forum.

critique of MX5

Look forward to the critique.

attention to detail is so lacking

It would be so nice of you to point some of the details to us. 

Thanks in advance on behalf of the whole Maxthon team.:Smiling_Face_Emoji_with_Blushed_Cheeks_42x42:

Archived