AndroidDeveloperLB

WinPC Issue Bug: double click on a word selects a space character after it

6 posts in this topic

Posted (edited)

Suppose you wish to find all occurrences of the selected word in a website (or copy it to somewhere else), when you double click on a word, it should select just the word. Not an extra space.

Attached video to show issue.

The reason this is a bug, is that when it selects the extra space, searching for the word will provide less results, because it requires an extra space.

 

ice_video_20170215-110733.webm

Edited by AndroidDeveloperLB

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there, 

Sorry that I couldn't play this video due to the format. Could you recommend a player for me?

But reading your post, I guess you mean the space added after the word when double click it. I've tried with Chrome, MX5, Opera with the same site:http://edition.cnn.com/2017/02/14/sport/usain-bolt-simone-biles-laureus-world-sports-awards/index.html

Here are the screenshots for each of them, and they are the same.

MX5.pngMX5chrome.pngChrome

opera.pngOpera

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

25 minutes ago, BugSir006 said:

Sorry that I couldn't play this video due to the format. Could you recommend a player for me?

To play .webm file you can use VLC media player (it is also a portable version). Learn more here: https://www.webmproject.org/users/ or here: http://www.webmfiles.org/how-to-play-webm-files/

Edited by Galileusz
1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/15/2017 at 6:24 PM, Galileusz said:

To play .webm file you can use VLC media player (it is also a portable version). Learn more here: https://www.webmproject.org/users/ or here: http://www.webmfiles.org/how-to-play-webm-files/

Thx G, I also googled it and found their page while found that to download it has to donate, while we don't have the budget to do it. But just now I download it without donate! Cool!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Thx G, I also googled it and found their page while found that to download it has to donate, while we don't have the budget to do it. But just now I download it without donate! Cool!

VLC was never payable. I use it for many years. Are you sure that it comes to this page http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Edited by Galileusz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2017 at 8:18 PM, Galileusz said:

VLC was never payable. I use it for many years. Are you sure that it comes to this page http://www.videolan.org/vlc/

Yes G, just saw the "donate" button and had a misunderstanding.

QQ截图20170220170512.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites