Old but still not considered :(

MAXSHARK

Hi developers,its been months or years that I have been asking for some of those things below.It is not just only me,but many users have also been agreed with me.

1- Address bar suggestions:

- Favorites are not being suggested.
- History items are not being suggested too unless you type the url.(When you click on a link,even it is now a history item,it wont be suggested by address bar).I mean URL auto completion.

2- When you open search window and search in a webpage (ctrl+F),the search keyword disappears after you close the search window.You have to type keyword phrase again

3- Please make an option to open a complete blank page (no background or quickaccess or whatsoever) in start up/new tab.

I've found a temporary solution here: http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/21634-maxthon-with-no-quick-access-hack/

4- We don't what our usernames to be remembered even auto complete is off.All data are being stored in Roaming\Maxthon5\Users\guest (probably in Web Data and Web Data-journal)

Please consider at least one of them for the next release :(

I dont have any more patience left :(

ahhhh but have any of them had 20 votes in the feature request section - without that you stand not a showflakes chance in hell - that said with 20 votes it seems not much better

:mdr:

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

6 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

Favorites are not being suggested.

Disabled in MX5 more than likely due to the way Maxnote stores it's data. No doubt will be returning at some stage (hopefully).

History items are not being suggested too unless you type the url.(When you click on a link,even it is now a history item,it wont be suggested by address bar)

Not the case here? A link that a drag'n'dropped to open a new tab still shows in the address bar dropdown as a history item. This URL was never entered into the address bar.

adsl.png

When you open search window and search in a webpage (ctrl+F),the search keyword disappears after you close the search window.You have to type keyword phrase again

This is quite annoying seeing as it was fixed in MX4.9 then miraculously broke again when 5 was released. Seems MX5 might have been a fork from one of the earlier MX4.9 builds. But why the same code can't simply be added is a little confusing.

Some good suggestions. I'd be surprised if at least a few of them aren't already on their to do list.

Hi forum,

Aye, yes , I with you laddy. I too find it weird/buggy, the favourites and url thingy. If I type in Reddit,  firstly I see some link I visted Years ago, and not even places I visit daily show up. 

Is this default? Seems too buggy to me.

Is there a possibility to add downward expansion option too see more of your suggestion= A scrollable box would be So Well received I think:)

#MakeMaxthonGreatAgain2017 ((((:

Hi MAXSHARK,

Thanks for the list. 

15 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

1- Address bar suggestions

This suggestion is on our to-do list for Q1 now.

3- Please make an option to open a complete blank page (no background or quickaccess or whatsoever) in start up/new tab.

Could you tell us more about why you need a tab like this? A blank page seems useless for me :(

4- We don't what our usernames to be remembered even auto complete is off

Please check if there are any entries in "general identities".

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi MAXSHARK,

Thanks for the list. 

Could you tell us more about why you need a tab like this? A blank page seems useless for me :(

Thank you for quick reply.

Q1 means in March at the latest right?Thrilled to hear that :)

Because it makes startup rate faster.It takes some time to load quick access. I remember we had an option "hide quick access" in older versions of Maxthon

What do you mean by "general identities"?When I click a form to fill out my username,it automatically remembers it and gives it as suggestion.Search form,sign in forms every forms.

18 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Not the case here? A link that a drag'n'dropped to open a new tab still shows in the address bar dropdown as a history item. This URL was never entered into the address bar.

Sorry my bad.I meant url auto-completion :)

23 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Sometimes browsers used in "no internet" environment. Just to open html files, web-guis of hardware, etc.

And in this scenarios about:blank startup page is the best possible option

16 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

Q1 means in March at the latest right?Thrilled to hear that :)

Yes, Q1 mean from Jan. to Mar.:)

16 hours ago, MAXSHARK said:

What do you mean by "general identities"?

This is a settings option in MX4, and we are still developing this for MX5. While don't know in which version you are facing this issue. But I suppose it's related to this.

If there are any entries here, then your browser will auto-identify and fill the forms with info. here. 

QQ截图20170215171725.png

3 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

This is a settings option in MX4, and we are still developing this for MX5. While don't know in which version you are facing this issue. But I suppose it's related to this.

Mx5 uses my old Mx4 general identity, and it's quite annoying to be unable to modify it in Mx5 because several important informations like my postal address,etc..  have changed.

sigmax2.png

14 hours ago, -ody- said:

Mx5 uses my old Mx4 general identity, and it's quite annoying to be unable to modify it in Mx5 because several important informations like my postal address,etc..  have changed.

Hi Cathy, I saw the thread you created about it and have forwarded to our product manager, they are starting developing it and our translator just finished translating the new strings. So we should have general identities in MX5 soon!

On 14.02.2017 at 9:14 AM, Kilmatar said:

Sometimes browsers used in "no internet" environment. Just to open html files, web-guis of hardware, etc.

And in this scenarios about:blank startup page is the best possible option

Here I found a temporary solution:

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/topic/21634-maxthon-with-no-quick-access-hack/

Archived