mx5.0.2.1600-beta - First Impressions

Chantao

A nice feature: After Clean Install it greets me in German with "grüß Gott Chantao." So by the way: "Grüß Gott" is said in Bavaria, but I am in Hamburg, because one says "Moin, moin" but what still does not like the first MX5 works please look picture. Both the same functions just capture the image better.

Before the MX5 versions you could save Snapshot directly in Browser. My question is only: Is it a mistake or is it so wanted? And do not answer me: With me it works but still with a video! For me it does not work (OS: Windows 7)

Drag & Drop on Favorite Bar takes long and does not work properly with insert into folder, it crashes briefly. Paste into folder on Fav Bar does not work. Cnrl d it crashes briefly. No, I'm going back to the official version, it takes me all too long.

snapshots.png

loginlonglap.png

8 hours ago, Chantao said:

Before the MX5 versions you could save Snapshot directly in Browser. My question is only: Is it a mistake or is it so wanted? And do not answer me: With me it works but still with a video! For me it does not work (OS: Windows 7)

I'm not 100% sure what you're asking... but if it's about the snap feature, then yes it's still available. Just make sure it's enabled in Settings> functions & addons.

The login issue is more than likely network related. Does it still happen? are any other maxthon related sites slow to load as well?

Bookmarklets do not work either. I have the feeling every new beta feature always brings more smears.

I am getting used to the fact that the MX note snapshot function does not work properly for the advantage that you can now see if you have already saved a bookmark. Double favorites already recognize is already an advantage, but not that my bookmarklet "Gmark-This" with 1600 does not work.

MX5: The browser that teaches you to improvise. After one day MX5 I'm fast back at "mx4.9.2.600-beta" the browser, which could still do everything.

Achso: One more thing about MX5 and sync: Recently I was with the laptop, because I also have the MX5 on it. However, this is not synchronized yet, which means that the standard search engines still have. And when I sit again on the desktop PC are all my hundreds of search engines back to standard synced. Good is that I had that many times and everything has stored on Excel, but it is nevertheless a tedious small work. The MX5 I now removed from the laptop and use there again Yandex. Yandex syncs da madly faster.

And now I am back on "mx4.9.2.600-beta"  THE BROWSER what has normally funtions in javascript, insert links in forums and and and  

All things, which one had to say goodbye in mx5. OK, I could also choose the Opera 43 or Yandex 17, chrome 55 but I like MX4 because of its gesture control and optimal button management, e.g. "Delete old bookmarks before insert new". All things missing at MX5. Yes, the good old MX4. The family limousine among the browsers. What do I need a racing car?

3 hours ago, Chantao said:

With "mx5.0.2.1000" you can save "MX-Note-(funtion)-Snapshot" into your Browser-Bookmarks, and now only on hard disk.

Again I think i'm slightly confused.

All the options in the that menu shown are for saving to Maxnote. Therefore only a copy option is available which saves the image to Maxnote. Although you can still save the copied image to any other program once copied. If you want to directly save the snapped image then use the extension, which also allows you copy to clipboard and maxnote.

No features or options have been lost. If anything you've got more options. The problem is that you're assuming that the "snapshot" option from the Maxnote save menu is supposed to duplicate that of the extension. It's not.

2 hours ago, Chantao said:

bookmarklet "Gmark-This"

Can you provide a link to this bookmarklet so others can test please.

I think we are talking about each other, @7twenty, Because it does not work "MX note (snapshot function) for saving in Maxnote with me. It worked at" V 5.0.2.1000 ", but in the betas no longer.

bookmarklet "Gmark-This"

code:

javascript:(function()%7Bvar%20a=window,b=document,c=encodeURIComponent,d=a.open(%22http://www.google.com/bookmarks/mark?op=edit&output=popup&bkmk=%22+c(b.location)+%22&title=%22+c(b.title),%22bkmk_popup%22,%22left=%22+((a.screenX%7C%7Ca.screenLeft)+10)+%22,top=%22+((a.screenY%7C%7Ca.screenTop)+10)+%22,height=420px,width=550px,resizable=1,alwaysRaised=1%22);a.setTimeout(function()%7Bd.focus()%7D,300)%7D)();

At

Maxthon Browser         V 5.0.2.1600

Released 02/09/2017

we can read:

Bug Fixed: Bookmarklet with JS script caused address bar error

but at

Maxthon Browser         V 5.0.2.1400

Released 01/19/2017

Everything had function, at least javacrips for bookmarklets

Just my PC crashed and when I go back up the whole QA is back on standart

I rebuilt it, and "zack" everything back on standart. Someone would like to annoy me

Always something else, yes MX5 is always good for a new surprise

In German, we say: "Alles neu macht der Mai" = "Everything is new in May" Unfortunately, it is still February

Today only with MX5-mobile. No more desire to crash on desktop PC and re-create QA. There is in the legend somebody called Sisyphus. The one with the stone he rolls up the mountain. And when he is up, the stone rolls down again.

26 minutes ago, Chantao said:

I can not do anything for that I'm repeating: this morning the browser is opened and qa all back on beginning (using the new 1600) so you really do not make friends, which creates dissatisfaction.

Are you usingan account? Did you do a clean install? Why is it no one else has these issues?

V 5.0.2.2000: Likewise, the function SCREENSHOT via MAXNOTE is a worse modification of the extension SCREENSHOT (in the case of the extension you can at least name the image immediately).
Java for bookmarklet "GmarkThis" no longer works. As a resume: Other browsers see Vivaldi also bring this feature with it and also work with Chrome Extensions. The Maxnote administration is cumbersome.

So Maxthon is no longer an option for me personally. What also irritates me is that the developers no longer respond to customer requirements. That was different before.

On 16/2/2017 at 1:52 AM, Chantao said:

the function SCREENSHOT via MAXNOTE is a worse modification of the extension SCREENSHOT (in the case of the extension you can at least name the image immediately).

It's not meant to give the option to save as a file. It's to save to Maxnote and nothing more. If you're using that to save to a file, then it's you're fault that you're doing it the long/wrong way.

If you want to save to a file use the extension, if you want to save to Maxnote use the bee icon.

On 16/2/2017 at 1:52 AM, Chantao said:

Java for bookmarklet "GmarkThis" no longer works.

I can't get any bookmarklets to work in 5.0.2.2000?! odd.

I'm going to play around and see if I can extension-ify this.

Seems that ABP is blocking the new page as a popup. If you enter the bookmarklet into the address bar it will work properly. But if started from the favbar or the extension that I made up then it gets blocked.

So options as I see it, disable the MX popup blocker and hope that ABP can block them. I'm going to try this for a while and see if it's any better/worse than the MX one. This also gives you more control over the popups as you can use ABP rules.

Or use the address bar to enter the javascript

Or wait for a fix from the MX devs, assuming this is actually some sort of bug.

EDIT: After some thought it seems the popup blocker is doing what it's supposed to. Making the extension using the MX api's fixes that issue.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:08 PM, Chantao said:

I can not do anything for that I'm repeating: this morning the browser is opened and qa all back on beginning (using the new 1600) so you really do not make friends, which creates dissatisfaction.

Hi Chantao, sorry get you so late. 

Does this problem still exist? And what's you OS and browser version?

When did it start to happen? Could you PM your Maxthon account so to let our testers to check if there's anything wrong with your account, and to see if it's possible to recover your original QA.

" f you want to save to a file use the extension, if you want to save to Maxnote use the bee icon. " Yes, that is clear to me, but how often I repeat it: It just does not work the way you say it!

Bookmarklets I'm starting from Favorite Bar (Bookmarklets = Fav Lets) . A.S. Has also an extension for "Gmark This" built, but there the link name is not transferred.

8 hours ago, Chantao said:

" f you want to save to a file use the extension, if you want to save to Maxnote use the bee icon. " Yes, that is clear to me, but how often I repeat it: It just does not work the way you say it!

Bookmarklets I'm starting from Favorite Bar (Bookmarklets = Fav Lets) . A.S. Has also an extension for "Gmark This" built, but there the link name is not transferred.

Well I never use Maxnote for anything but bookmarks.  And the Snap tool alwats has worked for me and let's me rename the file to whatever I find memorable and. by default) puts it in My Pictures (whicch is good).

CNTL-F1 and CNTL-F2 also work.  I'm satisfied with Snap as it is and never thought of Snapshot till you thread made me curious.  And I won't think of it any more.

<<SL>>

On 18/2/2017 at 11:21 PM, Chantao said:

Yes, that is clear to me,

It's not clear in the way you're explaining yourself. See here:

Likewise, the function SCREENSHOT via MAXNOTE is a worse modification of the extension SCREENSHOT (in the case of the extension you can at least name the image immediately).

You're saying "the Maxnote screenshot function is a worse version of the extension because you can't name the image". And that is why i replied as i did (you can't name it, because there's no need for it).

Possibly a translation issue, but I can only work with what i'm reading.

On 18/2/2017 at 11:21 PM, Chantao said:

but there the link name is not transferred.

Try the extension link. It should add the title.

http://extension.maxthon.com/detail/index.php?view_id=3070

There are many problems with understanding because of the many nationalities and translate in English best with Google, which is indeed a real Babylon.

Sometimes, however, lately, I feel that I do not want to be understood. It is also so: I have not necessarily the necessity to write here in the forum, which tasks every new version of Maxthon has. There are browsers that have all the features that Maxthon developers have been exploring for a long time. So the MX5 is nothing but an Opera 12 or even less. On some days I have fun here in the forum to try to make me understand. That trains my superior mind. On other days, I only ask myself why I actually do this.

3 hours ago, Chantao said:

So the MX5 is nothing but an Opera 12 or even less.

Very true to some extent. Opera is a much more polished product. Latest version coming looks to be even better and even getting slightly Maxthon-y. I'd love MX to be somewhere near the polish of Opera, but hasn't happened yet.

As for your issues, it's understandable that you get annoyed when things don't work, as you just want the browser to work for you. Unfortunately things don't always work perfectly. For every person that complains about something in Maxthon, there's also someone complaining about Firefox/Chrome/Opera etc...

You just got unlucky with something that doesn't seem to work. 

Reading your above post again, you keep mentioning the Maxnote snapshot doesn't work... but what doesn't work, the image isn't taken? The wrong image is saved? Saved to the wrong place? Doesn't save at all?

Does the above extension work with adding the title?

Also BugSir006 has offered some help above, but you haven't replied to any of the questions. You can't expect things to get fixed if you don't help us help you.

Archived