Maxthon 5 - not that bad

RH

Have decided to try out Maxthon again, so far Maxthon 5 works nice as backup browser. Perhaps i keep it. Lets see!

Anyway, not that bad as browser. Would be nice to be able to put tabs under the url bar again like it was possible with Maxthon 4.

Thanks!

On 06.02.2017 at 8:13 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi RH, welcome to join Maxthon Community! 

Thank you for trying Maxthon. So far what's your favourite feature in MX5?

The function you requested above is not available in either MX4, nor MX5. But it's possible to drag the url to favorite bar:wink:

An option like in Firefox or other browsers "When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately" is very-veru usefully". It is annoiyng to press always "ctrl+shift" for that.

14 hours ago, badnick said:

An option like in Firefox or other browsers "When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately" is very-veru usefully". It is annoiyng to press always "ctrl+shift" for that.

You don't need to, go to Settings > General > New tab options.

On 6.2.2017 at 7:13 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi RH, welcome to join Maxthon Community! 

Thank you for trying Maxthon. So far what's your favourite feature in MX5?

The function you requested above is not available in either MX4, nor MX5. But it's possible to drag the url to favorite bar:wink:

It was. in the Maxthon 4 skinning options. You have been able to change position of the tab bar if i remember correctly. So i hope this is planned to be recreated.

I like that the browser has a different options setup like Chrome and is not mainly created for most simple users. It is really refreshing to see that Maxthon decided to keep a real status bar.

What i would like to see are more features for advanced users, mainly some configuration options for the UI, or being able to deactivate hardware acceleration.

• 1 month later...

Nice to see the new UI coloring option. But it would really be great if even without a number of high user votes Maxthon team would add special features. Both simple and power users should have options in the same product.

There have for sure been tons of suggestions from advanced users and it REALLY would be nice if team Maxthon would add some of them for doing also more demanding users a favor :)

On 3/19/2017 at 8:16 AM, RH said:

There have for sure been tons of suggestions from advanced users and it REALLY would be nice if team Maxthon would add some of them for doing also more demanding users a favor :)

HI RH, thanks for the suggestions. And I'm not sure where did you get this impression. Maxthon was a Geek browser long time ago, and we did offer some features that geeks would be crazy about. 

But nowadays, with the release of MX5, Maxthon tends to spread to ordinary users as well, and MX5 aims to offer working people a more efficient tool! Thus we create Maxnote, Passkeeper etc. These are easy-to-use features.

In this forum, we have loads of members who know little about coding or strings, we don't know how to make an extension or skins. But all of us are equal to speak our minds up. 

So, please cheer up and improve with Maxthon. :beers:

Just wanted to say that Maxthon should not make the same error like Mozilla and Opera, they used the opportunity to create a simple users only compatible browser suddenly. The thing is minimalism and simplicity can co-exist with a more complex feature set.

Above mentioned companies have forgotten this. I just wanted to put my hope into words that Maxthon is not making the same mistake :) That should make my answer a bit more clear :D

Archived