Facebook Suspicious Message

This problem started on Maxthon version 4.4.8.2000 and I thought by upgrading to version 5.0.2.1000 it would fix it, but it has not.  When I go to facebook I get the following suspicious error shown below. (And when I click on Clean This Device, it goes to a screen that says it will use Kaspry [or something like that]; and that virus scanner, from information I have been told, is a Russian Virus Scanner from the Russian Maffia, and has Spyware in it.  In addition to that it says it will use frontier secure.  That is interesting, because that is the virus scanner I have from my net provider).   When I use other browsers I go straight into Facebook without seeing that message.  If it was a virus, then it should show up on ANY browser you use.  So far the only ones it shows up on are IE; Avant; and Maxthon.  It does not show up on Lunascape6, or Vivaldi.  Is anybody else having this problem, or know how to correct it so I can use Maxthon again?snap_screen_20170118092639.png

When I went to Mx5 it went straight into facebook.  So apparently, it had to do with mx4 somehow.  Frontier Secure worked on my system attempting to detect something but could find nothing wrong.  The tech told me he had seen this problem before and was familiar with the facebook message.  He said the message was legit.

Hi Jerry,

Thanks for your feedback and sorry for the trouble. Please help check that I describe your issue correct ;)

1, you are using Frontier Secure (https://ftrsecure.com/) service to protect your internet from being attacked by malware;

2, Your Facebook has been set as homepage and "open when starting the browser"?

3, when you start Maxthon, the message in the screenshot above will pop up. And after you click "clean", it will close Maxthon?

Are there any more steps that I missed out? These may help us perfectly duplicate your operations/settings and reproduce this issue. 

Could you also record a short video for us so to make it easier for us to identify the problem.

BTW, what's our operation system? win7 or win10 or others?

Looking for your reply Jerry!

I am using windows 10 pro. When I was using mx cloud (mx4+) it would not let me get into face book with out showing that message.  (sometimes it would change the virus scanner...It would say mirco trend, frontier secure, and even Kaspray[or however it is spelled]..but that virus checker from what i was told by the speaker at the seminar is a Russian maffia virus scanner program that has spyware in it).  When I ran the scanner, it gave a clean bill of health, then it would loop the the same message with a different scanner.  When I downloaded mx5+ the problelm went away.  I went into facebook with no problems.  So apparently it had to do with Mx 4.8. (whatever).  When I ran the about on Mx4+ it said I was up to date. But apparently I wasn't.

Now I have an issue with Mx5+.  When I told it to bring everything over from mx4+ it brought folders across all right; but it did not bring many of the contents of those folders.  So how do I get the contents brought across too.  As a side issue I like the way mx4+ did the quick links (having several pages).  The way they are attempting to do it on Mx5+ (with just 1 page split into quarters isn't working very well.  In fact some of the quick links that I had on Mx4+ didn't come across at all.  So until some of these issues are resloved, I still have to go back to Mx4 and do some things from there.  What a pain that is.  Maybe I did something wrong in setting up Mx5+, but I haven't figured out what it is yet.  But I will still use Mx5+ as much as I can.

Archived