Passkeeper edit dialog -add cancel button

7twenty

Playing around with passkeeper and noticed that I almost deleted some saved passwords because of the delete button in a stupid spot.

As with MX4 (and most other dialog boxes) the button should have cancel in the bottom rightpasskeeper.png

Note this is when clicking on the title, but when clicking on the edit button on the right of the passkeeper page the buttons show as SAVE | CANCEL

So either this dialog should display data only - only have an OK button in the bottom right.

OR

I'd recommend the buttons be DELETE | EDIT | CANCEL

7 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Playing around with passkeeper and noticed that I almost deleted some saved passwords because of the delete button in a stupid spot.

As with MX4 (and most other dialog boxes) the button should have cancel in the bottom right

Note this is when clicking on the title, but when clicking on the edit button on the right of the passkeeper page the buttons show as SAVE | CANCEL

So either this dialog should display data only - only have an OK button in the bottom right.

OR

I'd recommend the buttons be DELETE | EDIT | CANCEL

I have a lot of duplicate entries : to help me sorting them   "sort by alphabetic order"  would be fine or  "find duplications" function.

also there should be a way to lock the passkeeper tab.

sigmax2.png

in fact you are opening a detail box witch is not the common way to use passkeeper; you can manage without; and i will say no need.

When you open a box like this you got the x to close that's the way things go. 

adding a sort or find duplicate is a good idea if this doesn't lead to add a backdoor.

5 hours ago, karajan said:

in fact you are opening a detail box witch is not the common way to use passkeeper; you can manage without; and i will say no need.

What? it's a "details" dialog - it's not an option to explicitly edit/change the entry like the Edit dialog is. In my view, it's there only to view all the details for the entry, nothing more. So why is it that you can do the most destructive option via this dialog?

The "Edit" dialog below is designed strangely enough to edit the entry, yet no option to delete. Doesn't make sense.

Untitled.png

For what it's worth I don't care that a delete option is there, it's the fact that it's in the same place as the cancel button on the other dialog in passkeeper. It's just bad UI design, especially for something that is so important.

Either have a cancel button on both, or neither.

Archived