Full screen on Youtube not work

Guys, I think this time you are on the right way. It's incredible that I can watch 4k videos on youtube without shuttering and with only 5% CPU charge.

But there are still problems: full screen won't work and when I click again the button for returning to normal screen is willing to load the command.

(MX 5.0.2.900-portable / Win 10)

Screenshot (73).png

You have right 7twenty but in Ultra-mode the video become a little stuttering and the CPU usage jump to about 85-90%..I don;t know how exactely the videos are handled much better in retro=mode but this is the true. Or, in  retro isn't real 4k?

44 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

You're using Retro mode. Change to Ultra by clicking the little "e" at the right of the address bar.

Now..look what I'v discovered: You must to do a little trick in retro mode to see full screen: first click the button for full screen and then  click the other for "cinema mode"..and..you have full screen

3 hours ago, badnick said:

in Ultra-mode the video become a little stuttering and the CPU usage jump to about 85-90%..I don;t know how exactely the videos are handled much better in retro=mode but this is the true

Possibly the lack of full hardware acceleration which Retro mode possibly takes advantage of.

Not sure if that is still the case, but it was in MX4, and given the huge discrepancy in CPU usage, i'd say that's still the case.

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi badnick,

Thanks for the feedback.

May I have the link to the video you attached above so that I can try on my side?

And have you tried our latest version 5.0.2.1000?

All youtube videos, in retro mode require a little trick wich I have figured up to play in full screen...Retro mode is much-much better for playing videos especially Full HD or 4k, with low CPU usage. In ultra mode there are no problem with full screen.

6 hours ago, badnick said:

All youtube videos, in retro mode require a little trick wich I have figured up to play in full screen...Retro mode is much-much better for playing videos especially Full HD or 4k, with low CPU usage. In ultra mode there are no problem with full screen.

actually the main difference between retro and ultra is that youtube vids are in html5 in ultra while in retro maxthon uses flashplayer, which probably explains both rendering and cpu usage

sigmax2.png

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

actually the main difference between retro and ultra is that youtube vids are in html5 in ultra while in retro maxthon uses flashplayer, which probably explains both rendering and cpu usage

In retro mode when I right click over the video  appear the menu from html5, so..i'm in doubt if it is flash

Hi badnick, I reproduced this issue in retro mode, and the CPU differences are 40+% to 70+%

Although the "cinema mode" may help in a certain way, but I cannot get back from the full screen after this.

So I suppose there must have some space for improvement.

Then I'll give this report to our testers to see if they can raise a bug for our developers.

Thanks again for the report!

12 hours ago, -ody- said:

Uhm, no, just no.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi badnick, I reproduced this issue in retro mode, and the CPU differences are 40+% to 70+%

Although the "cinema mode" may help in a certain way, but I cannot get back from the full screen after this.

So I suppose there must have some space for improvement.

Then I'll give this report to our testers to see if they can raise a bug for our developers.

Thanks again for the report!

Yes indeed you cannot get back from the full screen, only just by pushing the "back" button but in this case the video begins to play again.

Archived