[bug] URL Alias not working

Arcan

Hi,

When I write my alias in the url,  I am taken to a google search of my alias instead. 

For example, I have the alias "trello" which is suppose to send me to a specific URL, but instead it is sending me to google searching the word "trello".

14 hours ago, Arcan said:

Hi,

When I write my alias in the url,  I am taken to a google search of my alias instead. 

For example, I have the alias "trello" which is suppose to send me to a specific URL, but instead it is sending me to google searching the word "trello".

in addition to 7Twenty suggestions, which Maxthon version are you using ? some older versions had a bug with aliases.

aliases work fine with the latest one  

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes/

sigmax2.png

12 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Does this always happen, or just randomly?

Although i doubt it will help, delete the entry and enter it again.

Also when you enter "trello", do you have any matches in the address box dropdown?

It depends on the alias.  That is,  some alias never work while other alias always work. 
For example, if you see the screenshot, the alias "trello" never works, always drives me to google. While the alias "mashery" always works and drives me to the URL written there.  (there are other alias that work and others that doesn't, I don't know the reason).

I tried to remove and readd it as you suggested but still having the issue. 

I am attaching a video to show you. (You can play it with Maxthon itself)

3 hours ago, -ody- said:

in addition to 7Twenty suggestions, which Maxthon version are you using ? some older versions had a bug with aliases.

aliases work fine with the latest one  

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes/

I believe I am using the last version. It is: 5.0.2.1000

This is very annoying since it is not working for most of my alias ... :/ 

MaxthonSnap20161227175957.png

2017-01-03_0926.swf

35 minutes ago, Galileusz said:

It works for me correctly.

trello.gif

yeah, some alias are working for me too. I just don't know why some do not. 

I proved that the URL is not the reason. I changed the alias URL of "mashery" to the "trello" one, and using the alias "mashery" still works for me. 

I edited the alias "trello" and changed its name to "mashery" and it works.  If I change its name to "trello2" it doesn't work .  I think the issue is related to the alias name .. but still don't know why it doesn't work for me and it does for you .

I'm getting mixed results, but more often than not, the issue is when I type it and hit enter really quickly.

So could be that MX5 is taking some time to determine it's an alias, and because it hasn't yet it goes to the default search first instead of the alias URL.

What happens if you change it to a single letter alias eg. "t"

More info:  

1) I  realized that the only alias that was working for me was "mashery" .  Whiever URL I set to this alias, or whichever name I set, this specific key was always working. 
2) I edited another alias that was not working. I tried setting the name as "mashery"  or changing the URL. It never worked. 
3) I deleted the original "mashery" alias key, which was working with all any key and value (1) .  I created it again and... BAM!  It's not working. Now this new alias became a non-working one like all the rest (2). 

Conclusion:  It's was not related to either the alias name or the alias URL,  it was related to the specific key....      

Result: now I cannot use any alias... T_T

10 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

I'm getting mixed results, but more often than not, the issue is when I type it and hit enter really quickly.

So could be that MX5 is taking some time to determine it's an alias, and because it hasn't yet it goes to the default search first instead of the alias URL.

What happens if you change it to a single letter alias eg. "t"

OMG, if I set the alias to "t" it  works. But if I add 1 more letter "tr" it doesn't work !!!  wtf?? 

24 minutes ago, Chantao said:

It only works with the F keys on the keyboard, right? At my it works.

what do you mean?

Archived