Many more things about MX5

After about 1 year I return to MX to see if it is some improvements and indeed there are: no more troubles with videos playing  or unexpected autorefreshing and generally browsing is smoothly and fast.

But I'm wonder why that basic(in my opinion) options had complete disappeared: focusing on a new open tab (like in Firefox for example-„When I open a link in a new tab, switch to it immediately”-). This option exists in earlier versions of MX4(Ctrl+click) but best would be if you could do with the right-click menu from mouse.

Also I don’t know why it’s so hard to implement other basic option: the complete session restore (with more than one window).

Other basic option such as when restoring session  to load only active tab not all tabs . This is very useful for not useless charging RAM memory, because generally you don not need instantly for all restored tabs.

Why it’s so hard to implement this basic options, that other browsers have much for a long time?

On the other hand, now I run MX 5.0.2.900 –portable version..wich start every time in a strange mode like when i run an installing patch (see atached pictures). And I see that is a new version 5.0.2.1000 but the browser has no option to update..(chek for updates).What should I do in this case?

Screenshot (69).png

Screenshot (70).png

Screenshot (71).png

2 hours ago, badnick said:

This option exists in earlier versions of MX4(Ctrl+click)

Shift+click actually. And Shift+Ctrl+click in MX5.

Add a shortcut for Shift+Ctrl+Click to your mouse if you can and use that to open new links in that fashion if required.

Also I don’t know why it’s so hard to implement other basic option: the complete session restore (with more than one window).

yep, another one that has been asked about for a while.

On the other hand, now I run MX 5.0.2.900 –portable version..wich start every time in a strange mode like when i run an installing patch (see atached pictures). And I see that is a new version 5.0.2.1000 but the browser has no option to update..(chek for updates).What should I do in this case?

Make sure the auto-login option is checked in the settings button in the top right. I think one version had an issue where that setting wouldn't stick.

I don't think Portable updates automatically? Only option is to get new updates from the forum. Someone might be able to confirm that.

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Add a shortcut for Shift+Ctrl+Click to your mouse if you can and use that to open new links in that fashion if required.

Make sure the auto-login option is checked in the settings button in the top right. I think one version had an issue where that setting wouldn't stick.

I don't think Portable updates automatically? Only option is to get new updates from the forum. Someone might be able to confirm that.

Thank you 7twenty!

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

But still I can not find this option "auto-login"

7 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Update to .1000. One of the older versions had an issue where it wouldn't save the auto-login option. Could be the one you're using.

IF I update to 1000 , I think I loose all my bookmarks/history..etc, because I'm on portable version and has no update option (check for updates) -I should delete this version and install the last -1000

3 hours ago, badnick said:

IF I update to 1000 , I think I loose all my bookmarks/history..etc, because I'm on portable version and has no update option (check for updates)

Not sure where you got that idea?! The best part of using a portable version is that you can do whatever you want to the data, and always have a backup to go back to, not relying on installers or other means to update your data.

Do the following and you should be good to go:

Move your current Maxthon folder to another location as a backup. 

Extract the latest version of MX portable.

Copy over the userdata\users\guest and\or userdata\users\[YOUR_EMAIL] folders to the newly extracted Maxthon folder.

When Maxthon starts it should run as though nothing has changed - with all of your data intact - but it will be the latest version.

If for whatever reason something isn't right/doesn't work, just delete that folder and copy back the one that you saved elsewhere as a backup. You'll be back to where you were previously.

18 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Not sure where you got that idea?! The best part of using a portable version is that you can do whatever you want to the data, and always have a backup to go back to, not relying on installers or other means to update your data.

Copy over the userdata\users\guest and\or userdata\users\[YOUR_EMAIL] folders to the newly extracted Maxthon folder.

When Maxthon starts it should run as though nothing has changed - with all of your data intact - but it will be the latest version.

If for whatever reason something isn't right/doesn't work, just delete that folder and copy back the one that you saved elsewhere as a backup. You'll be back to where you were previously.

It worked.Tks again!

35 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

But the  logins issue remained. Still don't remember the setting. Finally it's not such a big problem.

22 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Now Maxthon don't remember login names

1 hour ago, badnick said:

Now Maxthon don't remember login names

Some more info would be handy.

Which sites? Is it for sites that used to work? Are the details saved in passkeeper but don't fill? Are they just not being saved? Is it all sites or just one?

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

Which sites? Is it for sites that used to work? Are the details saved in passkeeper but don't fill? Are they just not being saved? Is it all sites or just one?

For the moment I tested just in facebook. I made no change in Maxthon  "settings". Before I made the installation of MX 5.0.2.1000 from you suggestions, the sites (Facebook) remember the login name after exit from Maxthon and reopen the browser. But after installing new version Maxthon don;t remember login names if you exit from Maxthon and reopen.

1 hour ago, 7twenty said:

To be clear, I don'have magic fill enabled neither before nor now because I dont' want to save passwords. Before instalation of new version If I clicked in the Facebook window for login name, a drop-down menu with the login names used is open and you  could choose  from them. Now if I click in the window for login names It does not appear anything.

one day a guy was complaining here, that even when magicfill wasn't enabled you could have last entered usernames proposal.

when you change a portable version last names are not available that the point.

now if nothing appears that's probably because of this guy complaint

to be confirmed

13 minutes ago, karajan said:

one day a guy was complaining here, that even when magicfill wasn't enabled you could have last entered usernames proposal.

when you change a portable version last names are not available that the point.

now if nothing appears that's probably because of this guy complaint

to be confirmed

Tried with magic fill enabled(manual) and still dont't work. I think something is broken when I installed the new version after the method suggested by 7twenty

6 hours ago, badnick said:

Before instalation of new version If I clicked in the Facebook window for login name, a drop-down menu with the login names used is open and you  could choose  from them. Now if I click in the window for login names It does not appear anything.

Just to be certain, your issue isn't that you need to login to sites every time you restart Maxthon, it's that the dropdown of previously used logins no longer shows. Correct?

1 hour ago, badnick said:

Tried with magic fill enabled(manual) and still dont't work.

That makes sense, as it was determined that the dropdown you want wasn't related to MagicFill/Passkeeper.

Have you since logged in to facebook? And does it remember that most recent entry? Sounds like it's just all the logins since the "update" that have been lost.

I tested on mine and the dropdown is still there, but it seems to be per session. So if you exit Maxthon it removes those details. Which is what MagicFill/Passkeeper should be used for.

I think you may have been stuffed around by utilising a work-in-progress feature and the current change has affected your workflow.

Could be a bug that may be fixed at some stage. Or this could be the fix for issue that karajan mentioned.

Your options at this stage would be go back to your previous version. Or start using Passkeeper for login details.

24 minutes ago, 7twenty said:

Just to be certain, your issue isn't that you need to login to sites every time you restart Maxthon, it's that the dropdown of previously used logins no longer shows. Correct?

That makes sense, as it was determined that the dropdown you want wasn't related to MagicFill/Passkeeper.

Have you since logged in to facebook? And does it remember that most recent entry? Sounds like it's just all the logins since the "update" that have been lost.

I tested on mine and the dropdown is still there, but it seems to be per session. So if you exit Maxthon it removes those details. Which is what MagicFill/Passkeeper should be used for.

I think you may have been stuffed around by utilising a work-in-progress feature and the current change has affected your workflow.

Could be a bug that may be fixed at some stage. Or this could be the fix for issue that karajan mentioned.

Your options at this stage would be go back to your previous version. Or start using Passkeeper for login details.

Yes, you described correctly! Now, the dropdown don't remember previous entryes if I logout from Maxthon. In the previous version was not so, the dropdown remembered the previous entry even if I logout from Maxthon and even with the magic fill unchecked.

6 hours ago, badnick said:

Yes, you described correctly! Now, the dropdown don't remember previous entryes if I logout from Maxthon. In the previous version was not so, the dropdown remembered the previous entry even if I logout from Maxthon and even with the magic fill unchecked.

No it didn't, unless you had previously logged in while logged out of your account.

6 minutes ago, PHYR said:

No it didn't, unless you had previously logged in while logged out of your account.

I think he meant "exit" as stated in an earlier post, rather than logout. Either way exiting/logging out deletes any entries when going back to the same account.

I still think this is a fix for the privacy issue mentioned earlier.

On 05.01.2017 at 6:52 AM, 7twenty said:

I think he meant "exit" as stated in an earlier post, rather than logout. Either way exiting/logging out deletes any entries when going back to the same account.

I still think this is a fix for the privacy issue mentioned earlier.

Yes, it's about "exit" not "logout". But it's really annoying. Even with the "magic fill" enabled (manual)..still don't work. One step forward , 2 steps back.

On 04.01.2017 at 11:50 PM, 7twenty said:

Reinstalled MX5 without the trick with the bookmarks/history folder from the previous version. Now Maxthon remember login names after exit, but only in normal mode not in private.

Archived