Typo's, grammar issues etc... lets make a list!

7twenty

In Passkeeper security info:

Make the question tabbed in line with the answer
Use the correct apostrophe so there's no weird spaces in words. There's more than just those marked below.

MaxthonSnap20161223081846.png

Just had another look:

Last line first question should be "to ensure your password information is secure".
2nd question should be "won't be affected by changing devices"
3rd "please change to a more complicated password..."

Sigh...And there's probably more...

Thanks for pointing out! 7twenty, that's a good start!

Sure MX5 is approaching perfect with your proofread!

IWhile the strange thing is that the weird space does not show on my side

typo.png

Could it be related to fonts? I'm using font.png

And when I set it to default, it shows the same as 7twenty's pic!

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Thanks for pointing out! 7twenty, that's a good start!

Sure MX5 is approaching perfect with your proofread!

IWhile the strange thing is that the weird space does not show on my side

Could it be related to fonts? I'm using 

And when I set it to default, it shows the same as 7twenty's pic!

Tahoma also displays correctly.

I think it's irrelevant what fonts it works with or not, especially as Maxthon doesn't have any advanced font management options.

Default, which is what most users will be using, is what it should be made to display with correctly.

And all that is required is the use of the standard apostrophe, instead of the weird non-standard variation that is in use at the moment.

This is what is being used - Alt+0146 on the keypad to type it.

' This is what should be used - apostrophe key on keyboard.

As to why it's happening, i don't know, but the fix is simple.

• 1 month later...
On 12/22/2016 at 5:24 AM, 7twenty said:

Make the question tabbed in line with the answer

Hi Rob, we've reported two bugs here.

And the one to make it aligned has been fixed after version 1200.

While the one to change the sign ' has not been fixed yet. I'll push this issue again.

7 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Also, on the Passkeeper lock screen there is a space after "welcome".

Thank you for finding a new one!

• 3 weeks later...
On 22/12/2016 at 8:24 AM, 7twenty said:

Just had another look:

Last line first question should be "to ensure your password information is secure".
2nd question should be "won't be affected by changing devices"
3rd "please change to a more complicated password..."

Sigh...And there's probably more...

Decided to double check the fixes... and yes the ones marked in the image are fixed, yet the ones noted just below that (as quoted above again) are still not fixed.

Does everything need to be an image and marked with the issues for things to change? Should it have been bolded? Bigger? Pink? *sparkles* and 19b7e97fc5d42820d39113032bd2bf79.pngfireworks19b7e97fc5d42820d39113032bd2bf79.png maybe?

There's a saying in English - Do it once and do it right. I guess there isn't a similar one in Chinese?!?

Give me access to the files and i'll do it directly instead of waiting 2.5 months for the job to not be done properly...

14 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Decided to double check the fixes... and yes the ones marked in the image are fixed, yet the ones noted just below that (as quoted above again) are still not fixed.

Does everything need to be an image and marked with the issues for things to change? Should it have been bolded? Bigger? Pink? *sparkles* and 19b7e97fc5d42820d39113032bd2bf79.pngfireworks19b7e97fc5d42820d39113032bd2bf79.png maybe?

There's a saying in English - Do it once and do it right. I guess there isn't a similar one in Chinese?!?

Give me access to the files and i'll do it directly instead of waiting 2.5 months for the job to not be done properly...

Hi 7twenty,

The content in Security info pop-up is not included in the source language file, but should be corrected directly from the coding side by the dev team.

BugSir006 has reported this issue to them the first time she received your message. Recently, the dev team are busy with fixing bugs to prepare the next release verion, so there may be some delay. But don't worry! We are keeping pushing them and these mistakes will surely be corrected ASAP.

15 hours ago, 7twenty said:

refresh with ctrl+F5 to see the revised version :Grinmacing_Face_Emoji_42x42:

• BugSir006 pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...

Have just moved to an Android device...so here's a list of the typo's etc that i've found that bug me.

For whatever reason, many of these don't seem to be in the CrowdIn language files. Don't know why that is?

Screenshot_20170514-092304.pngScreenshot_20170514-092444.pngScreenshot_20170514-092504.pngScreenshot_20170514-092520.pngScreenshot_20170514-092658.png

1/ Missing space after Plus > Should be Adblock Plus (beta)  !!not in crowdin translations!!
Un-default > Should be Not default  FIXED
2/ Missing space after Maxnote > Should be Maxnote (bookmarks) FIXED | Download > should be Downloads  - FIXED
3/ Doesn't make sense > Should be Incognito enabled or Switched to Incognito  FIXED
4/ "To" doesn't need capitalisation > Should be Add to Launcher FIXED
5/ Smart display image doesn't make sense > Should be Smart image display  FIXED
6/ "The" doesn't need capitalisation and not really required. > Should be Close Browser or Close the Browser  FIXED
7/ No Download > Should be No Downloads or No Downloads found FIXED

@BugSir006

07/07/17 - Still a few that haven't been fixed, although they're fixed on crowdin. So the expectation is that they'll be fixed at the next release that actually updates the translations

On 5/13/2017 at 7:59 AM, 7twenty said:

1/ Missing space after Plus > Should be Adblock Plus (beta)  !!not in crowdin translations!!
Un-default > Should be Not default
2/ Missing space after Maxnote > Should be Maxnote (bookmarks) | Download > should be Downloads
3/ Doesn't make sense > Should be Incognito enabled or Switched to Incognito
4/ "To" doesn't need capitalisation > Should be Add to Launcher
5/ Smart display image doesn't make sense > Should be Smart image display !!not in crowdin translations!!
6/ "The" doesn't need capitalisation and not really required. > Should be Close Browser or Close the Browser !!not in crowdin translations!!
7/ No Download > Should be No Downloads or No Downloads found

Thanks Rob, have all of the strings you mentioned here updated, should be neat in next Android version.

@BugSir006

More...

Screenshot_20170521-233627.pngScreenshot_20170522-092500.pngScreenshot_20170522-092530.pngScreenshot_20170708-134307.png

1/ Only display image on 2G/3G/4G > Should be Only display images on WiFi or Don't display images on 2G/3G/4G FIXED
2/ Never display image > Should be Never display images FIXED
3/ Web Gesture > Should be Web Gestures FIXED
4/ Undo Tab > Should be Undo Closed Tab FIXED
5/ When you browse the web, draw a specified shape on the screen to perform the corresponding function > Should be
While browsing, draw one of the above gestures on screen to perform the function FIXED
6/ Pre Tab > Should be Previous Tab FIXED
7/ Block 1 ads this month > Should be Blocked 1 ads this month FIXED
8/ Help to block > Should be Helps block ads and... or Enable to block ads and... Depending on how much expectation you want on the adblocking capabilities in the mobile version.- NOT FIXED (removed in later versions)
9/ Hide SystemBar > Should be Hide Status Bar FIXED
10/ "Enable the website scale" should be "Enable website scaling" or "Enable website zooming" FIXED
11/ Auto FullScreen > Should be Auto Fullscreen FIXED
12/ Quick Scroll by volume (+/-) > Should be Quick Scroll using volume keys (+/-) FIXED
13/ Turns off when backward is not available > Should be Disable back button when not available FIXED

Hopefully that will be it...

Also wondering why so many strings and none of the above are available in the crowdin translations?

Some revisions/additions made 8/7

13 hours ago, 7twenty said:

1/ Only display image on 2G/3G/4G > Should be Only display images on WiFi or Don't display images on 2G/3G/4G
2/ Never display image > Should be Never display images
3/ Web Gesture > Should be Web Gestures
4/ Undo Tab > Should be Undo Closed Tab
5/ When you browse the web, draw a specified shape on the screen to perform the corresponding function > Should be
While browsing, draw one of the above gestures on screen to perform the function
6/ Pre Tab > Should be Previous Tab
7/ Block 1 ads > Should be Blocked 1 ads
8/ Help to block > Should be Helps block ads and... or Enable to block ads and... Depending on how much expectation you want on the adblocking capabilities in the mobile version.
9/ Auto FullScreen > Should be Auto Fullscreen
10/ Quick Scroll by volume (+/-) > Should be Quick Scroll using volume keys (+/-)
11/ Turns off when backward is not available > Should be Disable back button when not available

Update all these except for the 7th, since the number is dynamic in the string, so I'll work with the product manager to see if there is any workaround.

As for the strings on crowdin, I'll talk with our mobile team to see if there is any miss on the whole process.

9 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Update all these except for the 7th, since the number is dynamic in the string,

The problem wasn't the number, that would obviously change being a variable. The problem is the incorrect use of block/blocked.

Also wondering, in #3 for Web Gestures, the toggle should probably be "Enable Web Gestures", makes it a little more obvious that it's to enable/disable.

Found this a while ago, but forgot about it.

In settings for close tab options, by default you see this:

Missing space between the black and grey text.  FIXED

MaxthonSnap20170523231338.png

MaxthonSnap20170523231154.png

When you check then uncheck the box, the info text disappears?  FIXED

MaxthonSnap20170523231238.png

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/23/2017 at 9:30 AM, 7twenty said:

When you check then uncheck the box, the info text disappears?

MaxthonSnap20170523231238.png

I think its by design, not much need to know how to over ride the setting if it isn't being used. But I'm sure one could argue that ppl might not set it if they think it can't be over ridden.

Android .3038 & .3039 & .3040 &.3041 !!

Main menu and User menu still shows "Download" instead of Downloads  FIXED  

Download, still says "No Download" instead of No Downloads  FIXED  

Main menu, "Smart image display" now says "no image". Either keep it as it was or change it to "Display images"  FIXED  

I'm guessing this version is using an older translation as these seem to be correct on CrowdIn

When copying a link: "Click on the open" isn't right. > Should be "Click on the link to open". There is no string for this on CrowdIn   FIXED

And is click even the right word to use for touch devices?

Also why are there Internet Explorer logos used? It's not a windows device or program. It should be the Maxthon logo. Same goes for MX5 PC in maxnote - which i've mentioned before. - NOT FIXED 

Share the usage with maxthon > should be Share your usage with Maxthon  FIXED

The text below the setting > should be If enabled, this setting will allow Maxthon to record the browser's usage and device information. This data will be sent to Maxthon securely and anonymously to help us improve the browser. This data is not user identifiable and will not be disclosed to any third party.  FIXED

Please visit http://uu.me...  > should be Please visit http://uu.me on PC to restore your missing or accidentally deleted data  FIXED

Last modified : > Should be Last modified:  FIXED

Restore the backup > Should be Restore from backup or Restore backup  FIXED

Also the last modified and restore backup text should be on top of each other and centred as below. - NOT FIXED

Last modified: {date} {time}
Restore from backup

Screenshot_20170628-010215.pngScreenshot_20170708-134433.pngScreenshot_20170708-140133.pngScreenshot_20170708-140110.png

@BugSir006

And now MX5 PC!! 5.1.0.1700 & .1900

Exceptional should be "Exceptions" - there's no Crowdin string for this  - FIXED

If "Not for this site" during password auto saving, the site will be saved here should be "If "Not for this site" is selected during an auto-save password request, the site will be listed here"  - FIXED (but now there's a weird break in the text, need to update the string with a <br> tag or similar)

Untitled.png

And while this isn't a typo or grammar issue... I don't have a thread for UI issues... yet.

The search bars are different in Maxnote and passkeeper.

In Maxnote - Colours are lighter, smaller text, different magnifying glass icon

Choose one style and make them the same.

search.png

Updated the past few posts with fixed/not fixed tags.

Also added a bunch more typos/issues.

@BugSir006 @BugMiss006 can you please have another look through these and hopefully deal with them as appropriate.

Honestly, if it wasn't for the fact that i'm a Maxthon fan and long time user, after seeing many of these issues i'd have uninstalled MX Android almost straight away.

The fact that issues have been notified, corrections advised and still virtually nothing done after almost 2 months and 4 version updates since, is very disappointing.

Archived