Skins

4 hours ago, PHYR said:

I don't think he created the skins, only repackaged them(probably without consent)

You're right, the skins created Wilser. They are not modified because it is not my job and I'm not going to impersonate under the author. I just packed those that remained on my drive.

8 minutes ago, Galileusz said:

You're right, the skins created Wilser. They are not modified because it is not my job and I'm not going to impersonate under the author. I just packed those that remained on my drive.

as PHYR said - without consent? - i add the question mark - imo if thats true it is wrong to post them as Wilser deleted all download links to his skins - they are his to control - its bad enough other places linking to them - it should not happen here

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

1 hour ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi all, thanks for clarifying and sorry for the trouble created for @Galileusz. But still, thank you for sharing and discussing.

I believe that @Wilser Wilser's intention is to share his work with as many people as possible.

I also agree that we should get the maker's consent. :1f60a:

Wilser stopped updating his skins so it is quite possible they will no longer work properly with the latest versions.

4 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

I believe that @Wilser Wilser's intention is to share his work with as many people as possible.

if that is his intent then why did he delete all links - i read that as totally the opposite 

On 27/12/2016 at 6:46 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi soaringeagle, thanks for the suggestion! Our designer is drawing the frame for the theme now.

its taking some time to change a few colours :wacko:

On 28/12/2016 at 10:43 PM, BugSir006 said:

believe that @Wilser Wilser's intention is to share his work with as many people as possible

That was the intention at some point, when I thought that maxthon 5 would be great, which did not happen. Now maxthon is a crappy browser. It's not worth sharing anything

Mx 5 is the best browser Maxthon has created yet.  Yes, there are bugs in it, but they are being worked out.  Can't say I like all the features, but I don't have to use them.  Skins/themes make the browser look cooler than the default white/grey.  I have used Maxthon for the past 9 years and use Mx 5 with win 10 and Mx 4xx on my android devices.  So, if there are some talented people out there who can create skins....go for it.  Hopefully the Mx developmen team will add the Mx 4 skinning tools into v 5.  Wilser won't have the same freedom creating for Chrome or Firefox.

On 12/30/2016 at 7:47 AM, Tony said:

its taking some time to change a few colours :wacko:

Thanks Tony.  Unfortunately for me, I just don't have the time to do any designing of my own.

Hi @Wilser, it really makes me sad to hear that you said so. We are all ears here to hear why you think so, and we really want to win our old users back. 

So, please tell us what are the points that you think MX5 needs to be improved. 

Thank you @soaringeagle for your positive attitude and your support! Love you and please let us know your thoughts as well, so we can make it a better browser together!

@Tony, thanks for always keep an eye on our progress. But I don't think it is an easy job as what you described here. If it just to change some color, then everybody can do that, then we may have hundreds of users create and share their work here without asking others to do so.

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

@Tony, thanks for always keep an eye on our progress. But I don't think it is an easy job as what you described here. If it just to change some color, then everybody can do that, then we may have hundreds of users create and share their work here without asking others to do so.

whatever bugsir and with respect i think i know a little more about skins than many - i have used my own custom skin since MX2 and to change colours is not difficult - as to hundreds of users doing the same - well we need to increase the posting level to manage that

skin.jpg

On 31.12.2016 at 11:43 AM, Wilser said:

That was the intention at some point, when I thought that maxthon 5 would be great, which did not happen. Now maxthon is a crappy browser. It's not worth sharing anything

Did you delete topic with your skins for MX5? I can not find it not. Why? 

Archived