PLEASE, fix the "lag" when loading something.

Deneldi

When something is loading, Maxhon will "lag" like it will run at 3 fps till the element finished loading

Example:

I'm watching a Twitch stream, i open a new onglet, load a page, come back on my twitch tab and it will lag till the other tab finished loading.

That happens on the same tab too, like on this link http://overwatch.majorleaguegaming.com/ at the bottom you have the player stats, when there is a new one, the stream will lag.

This issue is remaining since SO LONG, PLEASE, they have to fix it for once and for all.

12 hours ago, Deneldi said:

This issue is remaining since SO LONG, PLEASE, they have to fix it for once and for all.

Yep, i've mentioned this a few times. For whatever reason nothing has been said about it.

Really quite annoying. It's bad enough when pages don't scroll smoothly because something is loading, but watching video is just horrible when that happens.

MX5 is a new variation of maxthon; not fully achieved; and that's why you can experience troubles here and there.

That is the reason why i personnaly use a portable version just to have a try.

I'm not using it as my main browser

most of the time people didn't make difference between the developping process with trial and errors and the advertisement promises

16 minutes ago, karajan said:

MX5 is a new variation of maxthon; not fully achieved; and that's why you can experience troubles here and there.

It's been like this since MX3.

And MX5 was built off MX4.9 which had a good year of development. Of which had the foundation of MX4 and 3 before it.

You can try and talk it down as much as you want, but it's more than a "development phase issue". It's either something they're not concerned about, or an inherent problem in the base code stemming right back to MX3 which can't be easily fixed.

• 1 month later...

Hi Deneldi, thanks for the feedback!

I've tried the two sites you mentioned above and see no lag here, and I'm using version 5.0.2.1400. 

But I don't know if I perform the same operation as yours, so could you use the latest version and perform the steps to reproduce the lag with a gif attached to show us? That would be more clear. We are eager to solve any lag our users experienced. 

On 4/2/2017 at 6:14 PM, BugSir006 said:

But I don't know if I perform the same operation as yours, so could you use the latest version and perform the steps to reproduce the lag with a gif attached to show us? That would be more clear.

It's best if you do it on your system rather than watching a video of the issue.

Try this:
Open a tab with https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LegAkKYOQTc
Popout the video, make it always on top and play the video.
The white bar is supposed to move smoothly left<>right and top<>bottom. For reference try the same with any other browser.
While that is playing, open up another page, doesn't matter what it is although something with lots of images will help demonstrate the issue.
You'll notice that while the page loads the white bar jumps constantly. That is the issue. This is most evident while watching a video, but can also be seen if you refresh a page while scrolling down a page and other scenarios as well.

I'm not 100% certain but I think it's related to the lack of full support for hardware acceleration, but i'll let the dev's give a definite answer on that.

Note this is testing with Youtube Flash video. Not sure if it changes when using HTML5. I'll test that soon.

19 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Hi Robert, thanks for the detailed information! That's truly more helpful than a gif picture.

I popped it out and pinned it, then opened amazon (thought the pictures on the homepage may be enough), 

While didn't see obvious jumping or lagging, then I found out that this video on YouTube is played with HTML player, so maybe that's the reason that I didn't see any lag? And I cannot find the switcher to make it use Flash. Am I missing some places to configure? 

6 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

And I cannot find the switcher to make it use Flash.

Use this URL instead: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LegAkKYOQTc&nohtml5=1

I just tested with HTML5, and it is much, much better by comparison. There's still a few minor jumps when a new tab is created, but I couldn't pick anything up while things were loading. So seems it might be related to Flash, or they way Flash draws the video.

20 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I tested with this one again using two PCs, one is installed with win7, and the other is win10. And I found that the jumps only appears with win10.

So is your operation system also win10?

I'll forward your feedback and my test result to our developers! Thank you Robert! Also, thank you @Deneldi

Hi all, our testers also did this test. And true the jumps also happen on other browsers as well. 

While, we are upgrading our core to 55 lately, and the inbuilt flash version will also be upgraded to 24 rather than the version 20. 

So after our developers finish upgrading, our tester will concentrate on the test on this issue. 

This lag is expected to disappear with a higher core and flash version. :wink:

Archived