How to delete Auto-completion data

Hiro-H

I use MX5 5.0.2.200 beta release.

I cannot find how to delete auto-completion data such as username or password and so on.

Does MX5 beta have this function?

Off course, I find Ctrl + Shift + DEL to clear browsing data

and I know this function does not work for auto-completion data.

Turn smart address  off in advanced settings

2 hours ago, Hiro-H said:

I use MX5 5.0.2.200 beta release.

I cannot find how to delete auto-completion data such as username or password and so on.

Does MX5 beta have this function?

Off course, I find Ctrl + Shift + DEL to clear browsing data

and I know this function does not work for auto-completion data.

Address bar/smartURL and MagicFill/Passkeeper aren't related. At least not at a user configurable level.

MX4 has a dropdown with saved data or general identities

MaxthonSnap20161202220700.png

MX5 fills shows a dropdown of the last entry that was entered when the field is clicked - NOTE: this is NOT saved to passkeeper

MaxthonSnap20161202210556.png

When you hover or select it, it then enters it and shows as though Passkeeper had filled it in - But again, this is NOT saved to Passkeeper.

MaxthonSnap20161202210611.png

This is something that most other browsers do, but if i'm not mistaken they all offer a means to remove any saved entries.

In Maxthon if you save an entry manually or after being asked by MagicFill/passkeeper you will find it in the MF/PK list. But in MX5 data entered into fields seems to be saved automatically, but not to passkeeper. So until there's a UI to track these autosaved entries you could end up saving a number of entries that you may not even want or need.

browsers are permanently tracking everything, it was first in Chrome and now Mx or Opera

web sites also got scripts to track the words you type in forms, and suggest autocompletion data

I am not sure there is an option nowadays to prevent browsers to store such data,

a way to avoid try the incognito mode; use virtual keyboard

On 2016/12/2 at 8:13 PM, 7twenty said:

Address bar/smartURL and MagicFill/Passkeeper aren't related. At least not at a user configurable level.

MX4 has a dropdown with saved data or general identities

MaxthonSnap20161202220700.png

MX5 fills shows a dropdown of the last entry that was entered when the field is clicked - NOTE: this is NOT saved to passkeeper

MaxthonSnap20161202210556.png

When you hover or select it, it then enters it and shows as though Passkeeper had filled it in - But again, this is NOT saved to Passkeeper.

MaxthonSnap20161202210611.png

This is something that most other browsers do, but if i'm not mistaken they all offer a means to remove any saved entries.

In Maxthon if you save an entry manually or after being asked by MagicFill/passkeeper you will find it in the MF/PK list. But in MX5 data entered into fields seems to be saved automatically, but not to passkeeper. So until there's a UI to track these autosaved entries you could end up saving a number of entries that you may not even want or need.

dear 7twenty:

Thank you for detail description.

I have one question:

Is this MX5 behavior about Autofilling a BUG or under specification?

> At least not at a user configurable level.

I cannot accept it.

All of sensitive personal information saved in the browser MUST be configurable.

2 hours ago, Hiro-H said:

Is this MX5 behavior about Autofilling a BUG or under specification?

I would say it's an unforseen issue. Could technically be classed as a bug.

There either needs to be an option to disable it and/or a UI feature (like rightclick entry > delete) to remove them.

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

I would say it's an unforseen issue. Could technically be classed as a bug.

There either needs to be an option to disable it and/or a UI feature (like rightclick entry > delete) to remove them.

Thanks, 7twenty.

I hope that the bus will be gone soon.

I'm having the same issue. Due to my work, I'm constantly generating usernames and passwords to other people and then acceding whit them to make sure they work; I just don't want all that info stored in my browser.

Maxthon 4 didn't have that behaviour, and I could swear that the early versions of Mx5 neither did.

• 2 months later...

Hi, 

Facing the issue below on Mx5.0.2.1000, the recent version Mx5 is giving me this problem which I couldn't find anyway to disable it. It keeps the history of my filled in data in search boxes or any word boxes. 

My autofill has always been disabled. 

How can I disable it?

search box.png

Archived