Yahoo mail browser outdated issue

Sorry but I had to open a new topic for this.

No matter what I do,Yahoo mail opens basic version of mail saying I am using an outdated browser.

I change to retro mode,change browser agent or edit browser gent,still same :(I has been a couple of days that I see this error.

Thank you for your help

In retro I was able to use "Switch to newest Yahoo Mail" on win10 b14971, the option isn't available in ultra despite using Google Chrome most recent UA. Other browsers start Yahoo Mail in basic mode too but offer the option to switch, M5 ultra does not. This is something Yahoo messed with recently. I've tried clearing cache, history, etc to no avail.

ym.png

Looks like they're checking for something else other than user agent. Otherwise that or Retro should work.

Even using an older version of Chrome (46) than the MX blink core is (47), you still have the same issue. So it's not even related to that.

And there doesn't seem to be any weird javascript to check for other randomness. More than likely going to have wait till the dev's have a look and see why MX is being blocked.

The same issue here.   Yahoo says to install Firefox.   Firefox opens Yahoo email in advanced mode fine while gettting rid of the sidebar ad exactly the way I had it with Maxthon.   For now, I use Firebox for my Yahoo email but Maxthon for everthing else.   Once you are used to Maxthon, you can't go to anything else.   I would love to see a fix.   

19 minutes ago, Phil Marker said:

The same issue here.   Yahoo says to install Firefox.   Firefox opens Yahoo email in advanced mode fine while gettting rid of the sidebar ad exactly the way I had it with Maxthon.   For now, I use Firebox for my Yahoo email but Maxthon for everthing else.   Once you are used to Maxthon, you can't go to anything else.   I would love to see a fix.   

I simply set Yahoo mail to open with retro...

Archived