Help w/ MX5 skin - where is Main Menu called?

SnowLeopard

I have a problem doing a skin in MX5, 5.0.2.300.  The goal is to reproduce the Under skin pattern fr om MX4.  This pattern has the navbar at the top of  the window and the tabbar second row.

I can easily move the tabbar in the layout sequence and remove the reserved space on the tabbar for the winControls (min/resyore, max, & closr).  However I cannot establish reserved space on the navbar for the winControls.  I have tried:
.navbar { margin-right: 120dip; } and
.navbar { padding-right: 120dip; }

but they do nothing to the navbar

The problem seems to be the Main Menu.  I am trying to find where it is called to load.  It's reference in UIMaun.dat's index.htm is commented out.  I can't find any other call to load it, but it dues load and soes so following the loadinf of the winControls in the body of the UI.

Where is the call for Main Menu??  I want to make it move to the left of the winControls along with the navbar right end. 

<<SL>>

Edited by SnowLeopard

nothing to do with main menu

once you have moved the navbar to the top then add a line in navbar/index.css 

/*
    Navigation Bar Style

@author SiC
    @revision 74
*/
.navbar {
    flow: horizontal;
    margin-right:130; 
    padding: 0dip 3dip 2dip 64dip;
    height: 100%%;
    overflow-x: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
}

change value [130] to whatever you want

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

18 hours ago, Tony said:

nothing to do with main menu

once you have moved the navbar to the top then add a line in navbar/index.css 

/*
    Navigation Bar Style

@author SiC
    @revision 74
*/
.navbar {
    flow: horizontal;
    margin-right:130; 
    padding: 0dip 3dip 2dip 64dip;
    height: 100%%;
    overflow-x: hidden;
    text-overflow: ellipsis;
}

change value [130] to whatever you want

Thanks.  It worked, but left me puzzled why the same addition in UIMain/main/skin.css did not work and still left the question where Main Menu was called.  So did some further exploration and found several things:

1.  The skin.css files were commented out in the css_list.css files in both UIMain.dat and UIHuge.dat.  So they didn'load and so sisn't work. They do  work when loaded.

2.  I found that I was overlooking the fact that the toolbar flow is horizontal, left to right.  Cosequently I didn't look far enough in UIMain/navbar/buttons_right.htm and missed where Main Menu is called from UIHuge.dat.

Thanks agin for kick-starting more exploration.

<<SL>>

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 9:48 AM, soaringeagle said:

How do we change default 5.02xx skin to a dark skin

You can't now unless you make your own skin.  The Skin Center has not been enabled.  They have promised to bring skins back.  In the meantime you might find some dark MX5 skins on the Chinese Forum.

<<SL>>