MX5 PC 5.0.2.200 beta release

6 hours ago, 7twenty said:

No. Just tested and works correctly - both windows adjust to the new size.

Does the same always happen? After a restart of Maxthon and windows?

Nope. Drag one instance of M5 to a side of monitor to snap it to one side. Now readjust the width to make it wider than half, now open a second instance and snap it to the other side. The expected behavior is that the second instance will fill the remaining portion of the monitor which it doesn't.

Looks like M5 can only be made so narrow at which point it will overlap the second instance. It works properly to fill the space if the first instance's width is less than 50%. The second instance will fill the width.

Edit: We are both missing the point! With other programs both windows resize at the same time by dragging the middle resize bar, with M5 only one window is resized!!! I'm guessing due to outdated rendering engine.

Here is how chrome does it:

chro.png

Other programs show transparent bar when hovered, M5 does not.

tran.png

6 hours ago, PHYR said:

Edit: We are both missing the point! With other programs both windows resize at the same time by dragging the middle resize bar, with M5 only one window is resized!!!

Yes, this is the problem. This problem there was on mx4, and now on mx5.

12 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Does the same always happen?

Yes, always happen. It's a sin that mx5 doesn't support this function, becouse this function on win10 and win8 is very useful for work.

7 hours ago, PHYR said:

Edit: We are both missing the point! With other programs both windows resize at the same time by dragging the middle resize bar, with M5 only one window is resized!!! I'm guessing due to outdated rendering engine.

No, i'm aware of what rck89 was talking about. I tested and it worked fine with MX5 and calculator. I doubt I would have written what i did otherwise.

Also have no issues with MX4 adjusting both windows at the same time.

Strangely though, testing again today it won't work?! Unless I was testing MX4 by mistake yesterday, which definitely does work properly.

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

No, i'm aware of what rck89 was talking about. I tested and it worked fine with MX5 and calculator. I doubt I would have written what i did otherwise.

Also have no issues with MX4 adjusting both windows at the same time.

Strangely though, testing again today it won't work?! Unless I was testing MX4 by mistake yesterday, which definitely does work properly.

Odd, I can't get it to work with  4.9.4.2000 either

On 11/22/2016 at 5:11 PM, alon(226661) said:

5. an hour after you open again a new page

I think the whole point is this one.

Some people will stay for a longer period as you; for example, an hour.

While some will just come back to the new tab (QA) just a few seconds.

That's truly a issue for us to consider, and both this two different user bahaviours indeed exist the same time. And we cannot jsut somply satisfy one side and ignore the other like SL said above. 

An additional option may seems a little bit redundant for a browser. We are still open to this question, would like to hear more ideas from you!

1 hour ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Why doesn't it have an icon on the left bar, like before?
Also, why does it have so many things that aren't related to notes (like favorites links) ? 
I liked as it was before, minimal and can be small in window size. 
In the past (MX3 I think), I could even put javascript and run it.

Because now the user icon, which is always shown, does the same thing. No point doubling up.

Because it's been integrated into one feature. It's not hard to create two folders - Favourites, Notes - and keep them separated and organised that way.

The window can be popped out like skynote. Still needs some work as it cuts off half the right panel if you make it too small. It should work like a well written windows UWP app - adjusts the UI depending on the window/screen size. See the Windows10 Mail app, adjust the size from full screen to a small window. That's what the Maxnote popup needs to be like.

On 14/12/2016 at 0:59 PM, 7twenty said:

No, i'm aware of what rck89 was talking about. I tested and it worked fine with MX5 and calculator.

On my pc that use win10 home, with Mx5 work like a single window, and don't resize at the same time the windows. This function doesn't work with all programs, while i use Mx5.

This problem exist on Mx5 like Mx4.

I don't know why you don't have the same problem. 

• -ody- unpinned this topic
On 12/15/2016 at 0:13 AM, 7twenty said:

Because now the user icon, which is always shown, does the same thing. No point doubling up.

Because it's been integrated into one feature. It's not hard to create two folders - Favourites, Notes - and keep them separated and organised that way.

The window can be popped out like skynote. Still needs some work as it cuts off half the right panel if you make it too small. It should work like a well written windows UWP app - adjusts the UI depending on the window/screen size. See the Windows10 Mail app, adjust the size from full screen to a small window. That's what the Maxnote popup needs to be like.

Well it doesn't look good and minimal to me.

Also, I think I've found another issue with MX5 : I can't drag&drop files. For example, I can't drag a file into a letter on Gmail.
I didn't test on beta, because it has plenty of issues (especially stability), but my guess is that it's there too.

1 hour ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Also, I think I've found another issue with MX5 : I can't drag&drop files. For example, I can't drag a file into a letter on Gmail.

Confirmed. An image can't be dragged to search in Google Search for images as you could with M4

On 12/15/2016 at 8:04 AM, Regniard said:

I really love how things are going,it's awesome but could you switch the Adblock plus for  Ublock instead?

I know it's not your fault that the adblock isn't working at all,or that's something that the users should do? just asking.

Hi Regniard, thanks for your feedback and your suggestion of Ublock. But currently, we are cooperated to Adblock, and may I ask how it doesn't work? Maybe we can solve it for you.

There is an option in setting-functions & addons-Utility-Adblock plus. You can enable it first before using it.

Hope this may help you :1f60a:

• 2 weeks later...
On 21/12/2016 at 5:30 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Regniard, thanks for your feedback and your suggestion of Ublock. But currently, we are cooperated to Adblock, and may I ask how it doesn't work? Maybe we can solve it for you.

There is an option in setting-functions & addons-Utility-Adblock plus. You can enable it first before using it.

Hope this may help you :1f60a:

Oh well,glad you are cooperating with Adblock,i'm still using it,it's just that it shows publicity now,it's more anoyying when i use the phone (i have maxthon for android too) and i can't even use the Adblock button because my app crashes,not sure if i should post that here but on pc the publicity it's the only problem i have,besides that browser is awesome :)

Archived