Can't open download manager

klear6

I tried clicking on files I need to download and the download manager doesn't open.  It makes me wait for a second and then just nothing happens.  Tried to add them manually by opening the manager through the settings menu and it still won't open.  I can download using another browser (usually) but what is going on here?  I am working with a fresh install of windows 7 home premium x64.  I have tried proxy/no proxy, vpn/no vpn, disabled all my plugins, cleared cache & cookies ... it's like my computer is blocking me from doing this.  Had the same problem on windows 10 and another computer running windows 7 on the same network.  I must have a setting wrong somewhere - maybe the firewall?  Like I've mentioned before, networking is not my strong point so I really need some help! Getting frustrated, sorry. Oh, and I did a scan, no viruses or anything avast doesn't like.

• 2 months later...

It doesnt happen randomly using other browsers, I was just referring to the occasional broken download link, sorry if that was confusing.  I would provide you with a link if I had kept any of them.  But it would stop working for like a period of time not just for a particular link.  One day it would work, the next it wouldn't on and off.  I haven't used the computer it was happening on since I wrote the post, but I will get back on it in the next couple of days and try and download some random things and see when it hangs up.  I usually just end up opening IE (which I can't stand) and pasting the link in there and whatever it is downloads just fine.  Keep you posted.  Of and yes, it was  5.0.1.3000 from the official site.

Archived