Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

30492798

winpc issue Browser outdated

24 posts in this topic

Hi, I've gotten this message several times and so I've had to switch to chrome or fox...  I use Chase.com for banking and so it is real drag to be using Maxthon and then have to switch browsers. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks

Rush

Chase Browser outdated message.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They try to do it by any means, do not let them irritate you. To look at us all means are right for them.The browser is hyper-modern, and because they can not classify it, they make it bad.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 30492798 said:

Hi, I've gotten this message several times and so I've had to switch to chrome or fox...  I use Chase.com for banking and so it is real drag to be using Maxthon and then have to switch browsers. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks

Rush

Chase Browser outdated message.JPG

Either upgrade to the latest version of Maxthon 5 or switch to Retro Mode and it will be remembered every time you go to Chase.  I use Chase also.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Long time issue.

Use  No.1's  suggestions or change the UA as noted above, if you like.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, 30492798,

No.1Fan's suggestion are workable.

And I've tried on latest MX5, it supports the website fine.:wink:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi, did the change to retro mode and it works fine. But I'm using the latest version 5.0.1.3000.

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Wilser said:

one more for the collectionhttp://www.movistarplay.com.pe/

Same as the other one, doesn't like the Maxthon/x.x string in the UA. Even in MX4.9 (using blink39)

I don't see what Maxthon can do in this situation. Either not adding the Maxthon string in the UA (which they probably won't want to do). Or somehow having a special spoof list for certain websites where the browser sends a different UA (without the Maxthon part) for those sites.

Clicking the continue link underneath leads to the site which seems to work... at least loads properly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Clicking the continue link underneath leads to the site which seems to work... at least loads properly.

That truly works. :titter:

But still I'll forward this link to our testers for them to see if there is any solution to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm having the same problem with Searscard.com. I use Chase.com too, but there is no problem with Chase.com in MX5 for me.

When I need to log into Searscard.com, I need to use Edge.

 

And there is no Continue link @ the bottom of the page @ Searscard.com.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Maxthonluvr said:

I'm having the same problem with Searscard.com.

As in an "outdated browser" error?

Going to Searscard.com noted there is no error. Or is it only once you've tried to log in?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 7twenty said:

As in an "outdated browser" error?

Going to Searscard.com noted there is no error. Or is it only once you've tried to log in?

This is the screenshot I got, and yes it's once I log in.

This is the url

https://citicards.citi.com

 

 

MaxthonSnap20161110194936.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Maxthonluvr said:

This is the screenshot I got

 

And this is the url

 

https://citicards.citi.com

 

 

 

The same problem with this website on Opera 43 ( on Chrome 56), Edge and Firefox 52

MaxthonSnap20161111025739.png

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, magg said:

The same problem with this website on Opera 43 ( on Chrome 56), Edge and Firefox 52

Also the same problem on Edge, Brave, UC Browser and Vivaldi.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, magg said:

The same problem with this website on Opera 43 ( on Chrome 56), Edge and Firefox 52

MaxthonSnap20161111025739.png

On my computer, the only other browser I use is Edge, and I don't have this problem with it. That's why I use Edge to log into https://citicards.citi.com. I'm using Windows 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Maxthonluvr said:

On my computer, the only other browser I use is Edge, and I don't have this problem with it.

Well, then how do you explain this?  I'm also on Windows 10 Insider Build 14965 Microsoft Edge 39.14965.1001.0

Edge.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Maxthonluvr said:

That's why I use Edge to log into

Is https://citicards.citi.com/usc/rpg/landing/default.htm?lp=fusion&lang=en&partner=sears&BT_TX=1&ProspectID=86BDCF7314244EA29E5C54BB9AAA9010#micrositeLaunch the actual link you use to get to the page?

Seems like an odd link for landing page, and i'm thinking might actually be the error page link instead.

7 hours ago, Maxthonluvr said:

This is the screenshot I got, and yes it's once I log in.

This is the url

https://citicards.citi.com

Hmmm, well that's going to be hard to try and determine the issue.

Try removing Maxthon/5.x from the user agent and see if that helps at all. Try retro mode as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

Well, then how do you explain this?  I'm also on Windows 10 Insider Build 14965 Microsoft Edge 39.14965.1001.0

Edge.png

I can't.

4 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Is https://citicards.citi.com/usc/rpg/landing/default.htm?lp=fusion&lang=en&partner=sears&BT_TX=1&ProspectID=86BDCF7314244EA29E5C54BB9AAA9010#micrositeLaunch the actual link you use to get to the page?

Seems like an odd link for landing page, and i'm thinking might actually be the error page link instead.

Hmmm, well that's going to be hard to try and determine the issue.

Try removing Maxthon/5.x from the user agent and see if that helps at all. Try retro mode as well.

How do you implement retro mode?

3 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

This seems to be the correct URL for that site:  https://citicards.citi.com/usc/crs/searscard/home.htm?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=0C2C2845787347B4B6D95EBA759A7DAA and it works properly in Maxthon 5.

Sears.png

I'll try that link when I get on my PC, I'm on my cell phone right now. Thank you, MaxthonFan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Maxthonluvr said:

How do you implement retro mode?

Menu > Tools > Switch Core

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Maxthonluvr said:

How do you implement retro mode?

retro.gif

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

This seems to be the correct URL for that site:  https://citicards.citi.com/usc/crs/searscard/home.htm?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=0C2C2845787347B4B6D95EBA759A7DAA and it works properly in Maxthon 5.

Not sure about that. OP is talking about logging in, and that seems just like some generic page to sell you a new credit card.

Would rather get confirmation from the OP of the actual link used to access the login page. But as stated above, if the issue manifests itself only after logging in, it's going to be hard to determine the issue without him doing most of the groundwork.

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/10/2016 at 8:17 AM, Maxthonluvr said:

I'm having the same problem with Searscard.com.

@7twentyIn Maxthonluvr's original post that is what he posted.  And if you look at the top right, it has a link to "Sign on to my credit account"

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/6/2016 at 1:01 AM, 30492798 said:

Hi, I've gotten this message several times and so I've had to switch to chrome or fox...  I use Chase.com for banking and so it is real drag to be using Maxthon and then have to switch browsers. Is there anything that can be done about this?

Thanks

Rush

Chase Browser outdated message.JPG

I use Chase with version 5 just fine...
 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, No.1MaxthonFan said:

This seems to be the correct URL for that site:  https://citicards.citi.com/usc/crs/searscard/home.htm?BT_TX=1&ProspectID=0C2C2845787347B4B6D95EBA759A7DAA and it works properly in Maxthon 5.

Sears.png

This link worked, I'm able to log in with MX5 with this link. Thanks a lot, MaxthonFan :1f60e:

4 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Not sure about that. OP is talking about logging in, and that seems just like some generic page to sell you a new credit card.

Would rather get confirmation from the OP of the actual link used to access the login page. But as stated above, if the issue manifests itself only after logging in, it's going to be hard to determine the issue without him doing most of the groundwork.

Yes, I was able to log into my account with MX5 with the link No.1MaxthonFan posted.

4 hours ago, Galileusz said:

 

 

4 hours ago, Galileusz said:

retro.gif

 

4 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Menu > Tools > Switch Core

Thanks guys, now I know how to do that.

2 people like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites