Maxthon 5.0.1.1900 (and previous) Full screen problem

DannyD

Well been battling with this bug a few versions now and it's starting to take a toll on the browser to the point i was prefering chrome to see videos/fullcreen stuff than maxthon...

I normally use the windows with the layout as u can see on the next pic.

RXcNJt.jpg

The problem is if i turn on fullscreen on videos or the F11 fullscreen browser, the browser doesn't stay on top of the taskbar nor the videos go fullscreen not covering the full size of the screen.

6tvui9.jpg

hjDLIE.jpg

If i use maxthon maximized aparently fullscreen works correctly...

This bug already exists on a few Mx5 versions now.

1 hour ago, DannyD said:

The problem is if i turn on fullscreen on videos or the F11 fullscreen browser, the browser doesn't stay on top of the taskbar nor the videos go fullscreen not covering the full size of the screen.

Just tried it configured exactly like you have it and it works perfectly.  I'm on 5.0.1.2200.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

On 10/22/2016 at 2:40 AM, DannyD said:

I'm on Win10 and the only browser that doesn't resize correctly is maxthon and you can see that i use edge, chrome, opera and of course maxthon...

Btw, 5.0.1.2200? it's already released?

Hi DannyD, thanks for the feedback. We released a new beta today, please see this thread and download it have a try.

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes5/v-5012200-r14/

If the problem still exists in this version, please let me know. I'll let our staff check it asap:1f60a:

On 24/10/2016 at 11:22 AM, BugSir006 said:

Hi DannyD, thanks for the feedback. We released a new beta today, please see this thread and download it have a try.

http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/release-notes5/v-5012200-r14/

If the problem still exists in this version, please let me know. I'll let our staff check it asap:1f60a:

Tried the new version and looks like the google home page problem with the certificate is corrected... :1f60a:

But unfortunately the fullscreen problem still persists... if i F11 on the browser or try to go fullscreen on a video with the window on the layout i usually use the window doesn't cover my full screen... :mad:

4 hours ago, DannyD said:

But unfortunately the fullscreen problem still persists... if i F11 on the browser or try to go fullscreen on a video with the window on the layout i usually use the window doesn't cover my full screen...

Hi Danny, thanks for your reply. I've tried on my device but cannot reproduce. May I ask what operating system are you using? Win7 or WIn10? Could you provide detailed computer information for us? So that we can find a device with the same configuration as yours and have a test. (you can right click "my computer" and find the information. :1f60a:

Windows 10 Pro 64bits, Q6600 with 8Gb ram.

Maxthon is the only browser that does this... As u can see on the pics, i use internet explorer, edge, chrome, opera and maxthon... All work correctly apart from maxthon which sucks...

Again, if i use maxthon maximized and try to F11 or fullscreen a video it works correctly... It's only while i have two windows side by side that bugs out maxthon.

20 minutes ago, DannyD said:

Again, if i use maxthon maximized and try to F11 or fullscreen a video it works correctly... It's only while i have two windows side by side that bugs out maxthon.

I've tried with several different browsers and Maxthon 5.0.1.2200, changed all Taskbar settings in Windows 10 Build 14955 and it still works for me as stated in my post above.  Have you tried a Clean install of Maxthon?  Is there any way you can do a video to show us exactly what is happening?  I understand completely from your description, but maybe with a video someone can see something we are not.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

2 hours ago, DannyD said:

Windows 10 Pro 64bits, Q6600 with 8Gb ram.

Maxthon is the only browser that does this... As u can see on the pics, i use internet explorer, edge, chrome, opera and maxthon... All work correctly apart from maxthon which sucks...

I'm able to replicate using 2 instances but not with only one.

Win10 14955, M5.0.1.2200

FULL SCREEN.png

Oddly, with full screen on both instances the problem doesn't happen.

2fullscreen.png

Archived