copy existing profile MX4/MX5 to another one???

Then from there go into your user folder.. then copy the following folders (important copy the entire FOLDERS don't mess with what's inside)

1. AdBlock
  2. AdFilter
  3. Favorite
  4. History
  5. MagicFill
  6. If you like, you can also copy Addons, and AddonsData folders

Copy and temporarily paste this to your desktop, then when you install MX5, first login to MX5. Then close it and go back to your appdata Maxthon users, your user folder and delete the above folders (important to delete as merging folders will mess it up)... Then cut and paste the folders you saved from your desktop here

thanks for your replay.

as i understand you wrote about copying existing mx4 account to same mx5 account.

i need a way to copy all mx5 account parts to another mx5 user. deleting and copying files from mx5 user1 to mx5 user2 with windows explorer dont work because mx5 dont start (freeze) after copying.

i have the same problem to copy user1 to user2 in mx4. after copying files and starting mx4 i get a message "file xyz is corrupt -> repair - yes, no" -> dont work.

as i know there is no way to rename my login name to another one in mx4 or mx5, because this account name is not changeable.

i have not found any option in mx4 or mx5 to export all settings and import to another account with same mx version.

hope my english is good enough to understand my whish.

thank you.

Ahhh that I'm not sure... maybe all of the data is specific to the user, so only the original user can access it. But there is a way to change the login name. Go to http://my.maxthon.com/ then Account Settings, then Change Email. You can't change the email to one that is already used, so you'll have to change the email on user2 to something else before you can change user1 email to your new one.

Does this help?

5 hours ago, Rednaxela.Lgirts said:

i need a way to copy all mx5 account parts to another mx5 user. deleting and copying files from mx5 user1 to mx5 user2 with windows explorer dont work because mx5 dont start (freeze) after copying.

Don't think you can do this. Each userprofile is encrypted. So if you mix up data from different users the encryption key for the logged in user won't work on some of the data, which will give you errors as you found out.

Depending on the data, you'll need to copy/paste or export/import to the other user. And as of right now MX5 is missing quite a few import/export options, so you might have to wait till they get added.

11 hours ago, Rednaxela.Lgirts said:

Is it possible to copy a maxthon 4/5 profile to another one with all settings like passkeeper, magic fill, favorits, options...??

copying files from "AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3/5\users\" dont work.

Hi Rednaxela.Lgirts,

I'm afraid that your method will not help. 

Let me make sure with you about some details. You use account A in MX4, and account B in MX5, and now you want to combine their user data together in MX5?

Currently, the most approachable way is to export data from MX4, and import them to MX5.

@7twenty is quite right up there. 

so ive testet various possibilities, but nothing works.

it is not possible to copy an account to another one to get an exact 1to1 copy.

changeing email login name with www.my.maxthon works only on 2nd account. changeing account login name from account #1 to #2 give me an error "account existing".

i hope final mx5 will have a function to export/import to clone a account.

thanks to all for help.

Archived