"Open a new tab in the foreground"...

blueWeber

18 hours ago, blueWeber said:

"Open a new tab in the foreground" checkbox was not checked

Hi dear blueWeber,

Thank you for posting but I cannot quite understand what you mean by this.

We can always go to the settings and check it. So are you suggesting that it should be checked as default setting?

new tab foreground.png

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi dear blueWeber,

Thank you for posting but I cannot quite understand what you mean by this.

We can always go to the settings and check it. So are you suggesting that it should be checked as default setting?

new tab foreground.png

No, it isn't a default suggestion.  It's a bug report that "New Tab" opened in the foreground when it should not have because that setting was unchecked.  The setting isn't working.

<<SL>>

• 1 month later...

Any feedback on this? I want my tabs to open in the BACKGROUND, but regardless of the checkbox status, they ALWAYS open in the FOREGROUND.

Like @SnowLeopard said, the setting isn't working. No matter how you set it, tabs always open in the foreground.

Maxthon 5.0.1.3000

hi

when you click on a QA shortcut or type in the adress bar, tabs open in the foregreound.

when you right click on a link into a web page and choose open in a new tab, tab opens in the background

no matter if option checked or not and with Maxthon 4.9 or Mx5

since it's good for me i didn't notice. As far as we talk about opening tabs, a feature like open any link in a new tab

could be possible. In fact when i got the results of a search engine. i'd better like open the links in new tabs automatically; it's handy to keep

the list of results and navigate separately.

But There is ctrl+click

Archived