Maxthon 5 stucks with somepages.

TylerC

Although I don't remember those, I have one that is surely ever fail when I try to open it with maxthon: www.humblebundle.com

The page simple freezes and sometimes it even affect other windows (inside maxthon).

Ohh, now I remember other one. This one doesn't precisely freeze, but kinda get stuck in: www.schiit.com

When you are browsing an item that has multiple versions of it, for example the "modi2", the image viewer selector fails to work if you have already chosen one model, but if you open the item without chosing the model, they image viewer works just fine.

Is there a way to fix these kind of issues ?

Ok, I'm using 1600 now. That new beta is for mobiles, I'm talking about the Windows PC Version.

The humblebundle doesn't freeze anymore, but the schiit page still has the image stuck issue.

BTW, if I begin to write a webpage and press "intro" too soon, the browser send's me to a complete different page, even if the autodetection was right.

For example, if I want to go to amazon, I begin to write "ama" and it predicts "amazon.com" and I press intro as soon as it predicts it, it sends me to another webpage. Should I open a new thread for this question ?

8 hours ago, Maxthonluvr said:

forum.gobson.com

gibson?

How they doesn't work? and is there any pop-up message, or error code? Could you give me a screenshot?

13 hours ago, TylerC said:

I'm using 1600

1700?

On 9/27/2016 at 8:35 AM, TylerC said:

but kinda get stuck in: www.schiit.com

Could you record a gif to show me the stuck? since I cannot reproduce it and don't know whether we are following the same steps or not. Thanks in advance.

That doesn't fix my bug xD

Well, I'm going to make a clean install to check it out.

Edit update:

I uninstalled MX5 and checked the box to clear all personal data and still have the issue.

I have to mention that I still have Maxthon Cloud and Maxthon Nitro installed. I use from time to time MX4 for the media catcher and the Nitro when I need fast access when something goes wrong with MX5 or when I want to check something without login out (google docs for example, since MX4 I can't access to docs in gdocs when I'm logged into my google account and still persists in this MX5 version).

19 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

gibson?

How they doesn't work? and is there any pop-up message, or error code? Could you give me a screenshot?

1700?

Could you record a gif to show me the stuck? since I cannot reproduce it and don't know whether we are following the same steps or not. Thanks in advance.

HarmonyCentral.com is working on my iPhone now but on forum.gibson.com I'm unable to sign in or take a screenshot.

And yes it's forum.gibson.com and not gobson, lol.

On 9/27/2016 at 7:47 AM, Maxthonluvr said:

Okay, I upgraded MX5 for my PC today, and paypal.com works now. But HarmonyCentral.com and forum.gobson.com still don't work on MX5 Mobile.

Hi Maxthonluvr,

here are the screenshots that our testers got from their devices.

1.png2.png

So could you provide more information like how it cannot open? Is there any pop up message? or error code?

On 10/8/2016 at 10:30 PM, BugSir006 said:

Hi Maxthonluvr,

here are the screenshots that our testers got from their devices.

1.png2.png

So could you provide more information like how it cannot open? Is there any pop up message? or error code?

No, my iPhone just freezes when I try to sign in and I have to power cycle my iPhone, i.e.: restart it.

10 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Maxthonluvr, could you tell me your mobile system version and Maxthon brwoser version?

We susggest you to download the latest verison and try again.

I'm using iOS 10.0.2 and Maxthon Browser 5.0.2700 on an iPhone 5S.

My iPhone doesn't freeze anymore, it just goes back to the homepage when I try to sign in to the forum.

• 2 months later...
9 hours ago, TylerC said:

The browser still fails to load humblebundle page.

Loads fine here. Not sure about anything more than that. But clicking on some links and scrolling around causes no issues.

By fails to load you mean - black/white page? Not all loaded? Buttons/links don't work? Something else?

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

Loads fine here. Not sure about anything more than that. But clicking on some links and scrolling around causes no issues.

By fails to load you mean - black/white page? Not all loaded? Buttons/links don't work? Something else?

same here, no issue so far.

sigmax2.png

I even tested this in LiquidSky, so it's not exactly my computer problem. It may be a user account issue (because failing in a Windows fresh install), but I don't know how is that even possible to begin with. 

Yeah, it may load fine (sometimes it doesn't), but as soon as you try to browse in it, it begins to fail. For example, I can open it, it loads "fine", then I scroll down and up using my mouse wheel, the moment I scroll down again, it freezes and I can't move around it anymore. It fails too if you change between the webpage tabs, at somepoint it will surely fails.

Humblebundle it's not the only webpage it freezes up. Green Man Gaming it's another game that freezes too.

You should do more test's before saying it works fine u_u

3 hours ago, TylerC said:

For example, I can open it, it loads "fine", then I scroll down and up using my mouse wheel, the moment I scroll down again, it freezes and I can't move around it anymore

You never really said much more than it "fails to load", so that's what we are testing.

If there is a specific issue then it needs to be advised of clearly so people know what to check for.

E.g.
Page freezes when scrolling,
Page crashes browser after using for 10 mins,
Links in the navigation bar don't work,
Images don't load, etc.

Go through the points in this thread, especially #9 & #10:

3 hours ago, TylerC said:

I even tested this in LiquidSky, so it's not exactly my computer problem. It may be a user account issue (because failing in a Windows fresh install), but I don't know how is that even possible to begin with. 

Yeah, it may load fine (sometimes it doesn't), but as soon as you try to browse in it, it begins to fail. For example, I can open it, it loads "fine", then I scroll down and up using my mouse wheel, the moment I scroll down again, it freezes and I can't move around it anymore. It fails too if you change between the webpage tabs, at somepoint it will surely fails.

Humblebundle it's not the only webpage it freezes up. Green Man Gaming it's another game that freezes too.

They both work fine, both Humblebundle and greenman gaming. Scroll, play videos, sound, but I can honestly say I didn't buy anything so I don't know if that works or not.

Well, this was a "necro" bumping for a reason, the original issue was still present. 

Anyways, I was doing the Troubleshooting tips and tricks, and this is the chronology of the history:

1.- I tried loggin out and using Guest Login = same issue
2.- I relogged = same issue
3.- I closed MX5 and opened Maxthon Nitro = Everything Fine
4.- I closed Mx Nitro and opened Maxthon Cloud = still freezes
5.- Reopened Mx5 = same issue
6.- Downloaded Mx5 portable (and closed MX5) and used Guest Login in the portable version = Everything Fine
7.- Closed Portable and reopened MX5 = Everything Fine.

At some point the issue was fixed, don't know how.

In a fresh install (LiquidSky), the humblebundle now works fine, although greenmangaming does not (it even freezes the whole browser before even opening the webpage). But that doesn't really matter because in my PC is working fine now. 

Archived