I am using Windows 10 and I found Maxthon 5 simply does not appear in my system's browser list as you can see below:
And as a result 'Set as default browser' button in the menu is not working - after clicking it and choosing to allow the browser to make changes to the device, the system's default web browser becomes empty.
I have tried reinstall Maxthon 5 but it's still not showing up in the list.
And since the default browser function is not working I have to turn off the 'Keep Maxthon as the default browser' setting to avoid that annoying user account control notification.
Anyway thank you for your guy's work and hope this issue will be fixed soon.