MX5 last session

dagoz

One of my favourite features of Maxthon 4 was 'last session', which was more like 'your last sessions', it kept your links from your last session and the previous session and the session before that and the one before that, etc.

It was more like a 'sticky note' for all the web links that you didn't want to delete as you hadn't filed them into your bookmarks yet. MX5 last session is precisely what it says, your last session and nothing else. You can look through your web pages visited history, the way you can with every browser, to locate these web pages, but I was under the impression that Maxthon was meant to stand out from other browsers. The Maxthon 4 'last session' was one of these features that made Maxthon stand out from others, but has sadly it gone by the wayside

I'm glad to find out about this.

About:last is my major reason for having Maxthon as my default browser. I think it's a terrific feature. I was hoping that other browsers would adopt it as well. I'm a person who accumulates a lot of tabs, and about:last has been a terrific way to have easy access to them and to keep from having so many tabs open that the browser won't work.

Please do be sure to bring it back. I won't update till it's back.

On 9/11/2016 at 9:58 AM, 7twenty said:

Yeah. Not as handy as the old one.

While it shouldn't be relied on to keep a huge list of sites, it is good at keeping some that you want to go back to in the near future without having to save to fav's or QA.

Hopefully it comes back.

I don't like to make favorites out of websites unless I'm really sure I want to keep them permanently, and this makes about:last very useful to me.

What is QA?

Archived