Bug: upgrading from 4.x didn't really upgdrade

Today I got a message I can upgrade the web browser. I chose that it will do so after it closes.

When I closed it, it didn't do anything, so I decided to install the new version myself.

After installing and running, none of the current settings were imported. Not the favorites , not the previous session, not the speed dial...

Not only that, but both versions of Maxthon exist. 

Please fix this. 

2 hours ago, AndroidDeveloperLB said:

Today I got a message I can upgrade the web browser. I chose that it will do so after it closes.

When I closed it, it didn't do anything, so I decided to install the new version myself.

After installing and running, none of the current settings were imported. Not the favorites , not the previous session, not the speed dial...

Not only that, but both versions of Maxthon exist. 

Please fix this. 

I'd suggest using one or the other or using a portable of one of them. They don't run well together.

The latest beta versions of MX5 have been updated to save userdata to the Maxthon5 folder, instead of Maxthon3 as was used up till recently.

So if you manually installed a new version, it's possible nothing would have been imported until you choose the option or popup from within MX5.

I haven't tested that, but just based on what i've noticed playing around.

Given that both versions MX4/5 now use different userdata folders it's less of an issue to have both versions on the same system. Although you still can't run both at the same time.

17 hours ago, PHYR said:

I'd suggest using one or the other or using a portable of one of them. They don't run well together.

Using a portable version will not solve it. There will still be 2 versions that i can run, and the new one will still not have imported stuff from the old one.

11 hours ago, 7twenty said:

The latest beta versions of MX5 have been updated to save userdata to the Maxthon5 folder, instead of Maxthon3 as was used up till recently.

So if you manually installed a new version, it's possible nothing would have been imported until you choose the option or popup from within MX5.

I haven't tested that, but just based on what i've noticed playing around.

Given that both versions MX4/5 now use different userdata folders it's less of an issue to have both versions on the same system. Although you still can't run both at the same time.

I installed it from the main website. Not from the FTP server. It should check the data of the currently installed version, and perform a correct upgrade to replace the previous version.

There is no need for 2 maxthons ...

Archived