Terrible

I ran Maxthon 5 beta today since I wanted to see if bugs were fixed. The bug that most bothered me from 4.9.3.1000 is still present (jerky YouTube full-screen playback on Windows 7 with "Basic and High Contrast Theme" (http://forum.maxthon.com/index.php?/bug-tracker/general-support/youtube-full-screen-video-playback-bad-r120/#comment-395).

Then, after about 15 seconds Maxthon window completely closed and also disappeared from taskbar, but the music was still playing. Basically it crashed completely. I had to use Task Manager to kill Maxthon.exe instances.

This browser is a total disaster. Looks like this is the end of the road for me with Maxthon.

23 hours ago, Perplexer said:

Then, after about 15 seconds Maxthon window completely closed and also disappeared from taskbar, but the music was still playing. Basically it crashed completely. I had to use Task Manager to kill Maxthon.exe instances.

did it happen more than once? Was it a one off? Did you check to see if it was related to a site you visited? Did you have any extensions installed?

There isn't one browser out there that hasn't crashed for someone at some stage. So to swap browsers after one crash means you'll be forever swapping to a new browser.

Hi Perplexer, thanks for your reporting and sorry for the inconvenience.

As @Magdalene said above, we are still in a beta stage, and a beta version is mostly for testing and making a better and stable one in near future. 

As for the crash, could you please send the crash data and the link where it crashed to us? So that our developers can check for the reason. 

Look forward to your reply. Thx:)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived