Maxthon Passport

I find things kinda disturbing that when I sign into the maxthon passport that it just has my maxthon 4 bookmarks but they haven't been updated to showcase my maxthon 5 bookmarks

Before anyone asks "why do you find it disturbing"
I thought it was a way to be able to access your bookmarks online in case you loose them you could always use the maxthon passport to regain them and keep things.

I also find it some what interesting how the .dat file isn't universal between mx4 and mx5... meaning you can't copy ver5 and use it on ver4... i understand why because of newer code and no doubt a newer code database. it just makes me wonder how much change is involved to go from old to new

On 20/8/2016 at 0:23 AM, kenniekayoz said:

I find things kinda disturbing that when I sign into the maxthon passport that it just has my maxthon 4 bookmarks but they haven't been updated to showcase my maxthon 5 bookmarks

Before anyone asks "why do you find it disturbing"
I thought it was a way to be able to access your bookmarks online in case you loose them you could always use the maxthon passport to regain them and keep things.

I also find it some what interesting how the .dat file isn't universal between mx4 and mx5... meaning you can't copy ver5 and use it on ver4... i understand why because of newer code and no doubt a newer code database. it just makes me wonder how much change is involved to go from old to new

I confirm you still can access the old favs online with Mx5, but they are not updated

http://fav.maxthon.com/api/fav

and I would like to be able to access the current online favs too

sigmax2.png

Archived