Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Tony

adblock rules don't work on maxthon.com

15 posts in this topic

dont know about that but something seems to have changed - blocking rules i had on here no longer work - i wish like the search addon they would get the hell off my system - its a browser i dont need someone in China deciding what i can or cannot see - just another nail in their coffin to me - one day they will push it too far as they have with many other users

4 hours ago, -ody- said:

blocking rules and subscription lists should be stored to the cloud and synced

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Tony said:

blocking rules i had on here no longer work

you mean your own rules in ABP ? because filters just don't sync.. if you performed a clean install, they have all gone forever, unless you add them again.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, -ody- said:

you mean your own rules in ABP ? because filters just don't sync.. if you performed a clean install, they have all gone forever, unless you add them again.

my own rules dont work from this morning - i have done nothing but turn the laptop off so its not their rule that they add each time you install - i block the image at the top of the page and a few other things - never had a problem - today they all show - i will try a clean install later but i should not need to - something that has worked for months and longer suddenly stops working - all adblock rules i have for other sites work so it is the paranoia about this place that continues and gets worse - i cannot think of another site i visit that stops things like noads or makes adblock difficult - only Maxthon do that on their own site

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tony said:

my own rules dont work from this morning - i have done nothing but turn the laptop off so its not their rule that they add each time you install - i block the image at the top of the page and a few other things - never had a problem - today they all show - i will try a clean install later but i should not need to - something that has worked for months and longer suddenly stops working - all adblock rules i have for other sites work so it is the paranoia about this place that continues and gets worse - i cannot think of another site i visit that stops things like noads or makes adblock difficult - only Maxthon do that on their own site

since it's a different subject, I split it ! :wink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's OK. All MX addons don't  work on all maxthon.com pages and all inside browsers pages.
People very often ask about this when extension does not work as they want.
By the way, is here ad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

was just coming back to this - to summerise - i have a couple of adblock rules for this site - they or similar have worked for months - this morning they did not work - i had done nothing but turn the laptop off last night and back on this morning - had not installed any updates to maxthon

so in my mind something had changed with the syncing - an hour later after a clean install and the rule file coped over they started to work again - nothing different at my end - no re applying rules - just the same file from an earlier install - so has to be a bug or the syncing that is suspect

i have adblock rules on other sites they worked fine - no problems - just here - the whole thing with stuff being blocked here either at the server or lines mysteriously added to adblock is out of order but its always been so - paranoia is alive in Maxthon land

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rules Adblock work well on maxthon.com but you must check whether you have sometimes in their own or the global filters such entry (or similar): 

@@||maxthon.com^$document

If so, blocking will not work. This entry does not have a clean installation.

No blocking maxthon beta-.jpg

 

Blocking maxthon beta 1-.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Galileusz said:

Rules Adblock work well on maxthon.com but you must check whether you have sometimes in their own or the global filters such entry (or similar): 

@@||maxthon.com^$document

Yeah. And this rule is automatically recorded continuously :(

It must be checked frequently.

 

 

6 hours ago, Tony said:

my own rules dont work from this morning - i have done nothing but turn the laptop off so its not their rule that they add each time you install -

- never had a problem - today they all show

And nothing much to do and it is not necessary: it is enough to launch Mx. 
He download and update a lot of things yourself (extensions, scripts, rules, settings, etc. -etc.).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

By the way, I am remembered (in continued): in AdBlock in the settings have a tab to add domains to the white list.
So that, may be, the filters not work, because the site is listed in this list.
And filled it completely independently, without any user intervention !! 
I, for example, for all years of use Mx in this list (and its predecessors) did not add anything .. But when looking into this tab, there is always a dozen-other domains in this list...
Question: how they appear there ?? :devil:

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On Thursday, August 11, 2016 at 7:43 PM, ALeXkRU said:

Yeah. And this rule is automatically recorded continuously :(

It must be checked frequently.

 

3 hours ago, ALeXkRU said:

I, for example, for all years of use Mx in this list (and its predecessors) did not add anything .. But when looking into this tab, there is always a dozen-other domains in this list...
Question: how they appear there ?? :devil:

It's interesting, to me nothing is added to itself :D  I myself create a white list or custom filters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Galileusz said:

 

It's interesting, to me nothing is added to itself :D  I myself create a white list or custom filters.

I fully agree.  I've never found a whitelist entry unless I made one.  However, on the "Add Tolur Own Filters" tab theree will be automatice entries of exceptions for domainns maxthon.c &, maxthon.cn and exceptions for maxthon domains and Google Search Engine in Global Rules.  I have to delete these on clean installs and check them between times.

              <<SL>>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, SnowLeopard said:

However, on the "Add Tolur Own Filters" tab theree will be automatice entries of exceptions for domainns maxthon.c &, maxthon.cn and exceptions for maxthon domains and Google Search Engine in Global Rules.  I have to delete these on clean installs and check them between times.

              <<SL>>

At my own filters I don't have anything added automatically (all was clean). I do not know how it is in the installation version, because I use a portable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Galileusz said:

At my own filters I don't have anything added automatically (all was clean). I do not know how it is in the installation version, because I use a portable.

Likewise, I only use the portable version.  If you remove the UserData folder and start from scratch, you will find a couple exceptions under Global Rules and if you have visited maxthon.com or maxthon.cn, there will be exception rules under those domains too.  They do not reappear once I delete them until the next time I create a clean UserData folder.

This behavior hasn't changed with MX5.

            <<SL>>

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, SnowLeopard said:

If you remove the UserData folder and start from scratch, you will find a couple exceptions under Global Rules and if you have visited maxthon.com or maxthon.cn, there will be exception rules under those domains too.  They do not reappear once I delete them until the next time I create a clean UserData folder.

Yes you are right. I removed the UserData directory and a number of entries were created. Anyway, there is no problem to remove them :D

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Galileusz said:

Anyway, there is no problem to remove them :D

Yeah, the main thing - do not forget to check it... more often.. and remove them, and remove, and remove...  :wink: :mdr:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites