new tab, homepage, boss key

Some remarks, and 2 bugs

This is what happens when I close all tabs :

• last tab address remains in address bar (which is not a good idea for several reasons I let you imagine)

alltabs.png

• When I close all tabs : I would like to get my homepage or "new tab" instead of a blanck page.

• I'm unable to set "new tab" as my homepage (unless you provide me the url for new tab, it's not about:blank)

• boss key is unusuable on a french keyboard ( and edition does not work)

boss key.png

sigmax2.png

Can't confirm anything you posted other than setting New Tab as a home page. You can however set New Tab alone as start page.(home page settings)

1. Last tab address is not present on the New Tab when the last tab is closed(nor is the address BAR). So yeah, there is no blank page when closing last tab either.

2 Boss key works on French keyboard  using the default setting and the apostrophe key located next to the enter key. I didn't try changing the default shortcut.  

Edit: I've tried setting the apostrophe key using  the apostrophe where ~(no idea where it is on French KB) is on the English keyboard and that seems to work too???? Maybe try setting a new key as boss key and then revert to something new?

Edit 2: And by the way, why are you showing rss icon on the address bar? I don't see that on New Tab address bar. 

11 minutes ago, joemax said:

Can't confirm anything you posted other than setting New Tab as a home page. You can however set New Tab alone as start page.(home page settings)

1. Last tab address is not present on the New Tab when the last tab is closed. So yeah, there is no blank page when closing last tab either.

2 Boss key works on French keyboard  using the default setting and the apostrophe key located next to the enter key. I didn't try changing the default shortcut.

1 : true but since I have an issue with 2..

2 : I need more tries to find out under under which circumstances  I have a blank page with last tab url in address bar when I close the last open tab, but it happens more than once in a while

just look at my capture.. I would imagine that once I close all tabs, homepage opens...

3 : french keyboard and english maxthon issue lol : there's no "apostroph key" next to enter key : the corresponding french key is "ù" (although, you're right, "control + ù" works ) but even when I set maxthon to french, it still shows "control + ' " as boss key, although the right shortcut is "control +ù"

And I can't edit this setting

frenchù.png

sigmax2.png

New tab opens when all tabs are closed. Can't remember if Homepage has ever been an option in previous Maxthons...

Using French Canadian KB, this È is the key next to enter. I can set any key as boss key using French KB and Maxthon in English.

Given the issues you're facing I would try a clean install

1 minute ago, joemax said:

New tab opens when all tabs are closed. Can't remember if Homepage has ever been an option in previous Maxthons...

Using French Canadian KB, this È is the key next to enter. I can set any key as boss key using French KB and Maxthon in English.

Given the issues you're facing I would try a clean install

it's a clean install lol...

sigmax2.png

same with internal beta (clean install) :  no way to edit shortcuts..

edit : french canadian keyboard is a QWERTY keyboard with accented letters, french (france) keyboard is AZERTY... Although I don't think it makes any difference since apostroph isn't located at the same place as qwerty english keyboard on both french canadian and french french keyboards.

sigmax2.png

Archived