Why are comments closed?

8 hours ago, MaxthonGuy said:

Why are comments closed when there is a space for feedback at the end of  a topic?  This has the appearance of stifling criticism>

if you refer to the thread below, I closed it because in order to be efficient, we need a different thread for each different issue or suggestion.

This section and user voices are the appropriate places to post bugs and issues.

sigmax2.png

The questions about split screen are an example of a closed thread. I can understand wanting to limit discussion on a thread  because something has been fixed. But I am more discussing the appearance of doing so, which seems to be that you are not interested in what users have to say. You should at least say what the thread is closed: "The issue has been resolved" or "There have been no additions to thread in six months."

14 minutes ago, MaxthonGuy said:

The questions about split screen are an example of a closed thread. I can understand wanting to limit discussion on a thread  because something has been fixed. But I am more discussing the appearance of doing so, which seems to be that you are not interested in what users have to say. You should at least say what the thread is closed: "The issue has been resolved" or "There have been no additions to thread in six months."

If you do a search, you will find there are a number of other threads about Split Screen.  Check them out to see if one of them suits your question/problem.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 4:17 PM, No.1MaxthonFan said:

If you do a search, you will find there are a number of other threads about Split Screen.  Check them out to see if one of them suits your question/problem.

That's fine. Then you should say that when you post the notice that the thread is closed. No one likes an arrogant company--not saying you or Maxthon is arrogant--and so everyone should strive to avoid the appearance of arrogance. Also, adding the information to the thread closure provides help to the user. And if the forum does not exist to help users, then it's only good for gossip.

Oh, and I did a search. This thread seemed the most likely to answer my question, which now moot because MX5 has splint screen, Considering how a lot of people were clamouring for split screen. A good PR move would have been to announce that it's in MX5.

If your question was about Split Screen being missing, then you could have still read the closed thread to know that it was fixed in newer versions, therefore the thread was closed to further discussion.  If you have a problem with Split Screen OTHER than it being missing, start a new thread and discuss your problem and wait for comments/recommendations/fixes.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

34 minutes ago, MaxthonGuy said:

That's not a reply to my  comment.  The point I was making is that the  forum should be more informative and diplomatic in its official answers.

would you please let me know which thread you're speaking about ?

sigmax2.png

Archived