MX5 bugs I've noticed on my machine

Hello. I've noticed a few MX5 bugs on my machine, and would like to inform the community, in case no one has done it before me, and they had the same issues. First, my machine runs Windows 10 Pro, with 16 GB of RAM and Intel i7-4771 processor.

The problems refer to Maxthon 5.0.0.2800:

• Night mode does not work at all. Clicking the button does nothing and Custom Config never opens. I've heard that some people had issues with Night Mode, but not sure if someone had the issue that it didn't work at all.
  • Resource Sniffer, Snap, Developer Mode button, Translate - none of them works. It's as if all the buttons somehow malfunction. Restarting does not help
  • Addons imported from previous version don't work, and can't be removed ( specifically Violentmonkey )
  • Every startup causes a crash error to be displayed. The browser starts up and works normally, but there is always a crash message. I've attached an example of crash report that comes with such message. 

crash.txt

I was told that one of the updates disables some (all?) of the extensions. Navigate to Settings->Functions&Addons and restarting them (disable->enable), although on my end, the default ones (night mode, translate, snap, resource sniffer, etc.) work fine (5.0.0.2800).

9 minutes ago, nedeljko_m said:

Installed the latest beta version ( 5.0.1.100). Same problems persist even after completely removing previous version and all browser data. A new problem arises, however. All mentioned buttons don't even show up anymore.

What operating system and where are you installing M5?

Also, are they enabled in settings?

Clipboard01.jpg

Yup I've had no issues with any of the bundles extensions since Alpha. Only issues I've seen were a sync issue that a later release fixed, and now with beta if I alt-tab from a game to MX5 is borks like crazy and crashes.

Archived