How can I record online video through Maxthon browser

Have you tried the built in video popup button? You have to enable it in Options > web content. Otherwise try sniffer button on the toolbar.(if it's not on the toolbar, select it from the dropdown menu) If neither of these work, which site is giving you problems? TIA

post-7385961-14315107171492_thumb.jpg

post-7385961-14315107171832_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Kabouik replied at 2013-6-12 15:58 back.gif

There are many websites where the sniffer won't find any video to download, and the "Save video" opt ...

Video:

rtmp://videos.espace-sciences.org/vod/media//mp4:conferences/2013/130205_gouyon/130205_gouyon_750.mp4

The best choose is Internet Download Manager (IDM) http://internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html This is a 30-day trial version.

post-11090790-14315110817713_thumb.png

post-11090790-14315110820536_thumb.png

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying it right now. There is no open source or free alternative that would be as efficient?

I don't meet the minimal level requirements on this forum to send PM, just got this error when trying to drop you a PM. :/

Kabouik replied at 2013-6-13 04:36 back.gif

Thanks for your reply. I'm trying it right now. There is no open source or free alternative that wou ...

Online Video Download tools are Shareware/Trials. Only Orbit Downloader is free but isn't compatible with Maxthon. Open Source I don't know.

Download IDM From:

http://internetdownloadmanager.com/download.html

First install IDM.

Download and unzip IDM-Patch-Activator.zip. Copy this Patch file in IDM install folder and than run. Launch IDM and goto Settings OR Downloads > Options > General > Add Browser > Search and add Maxthon.exe from C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon\Bin folder or C:\Program Files\Maxthon\Bin folder

Then goto filetypes and add in "Don't start downloading automatically from the following sites":

*.update.microsoft.com download.windowsupdate.com siteseal.thawte.com ecom.cimetz.com *.voice2page.com *.filesonic.com *.filesonic.es *.filesonic.de *.oron.com *.wupload.com *.wupload.es *.wupload.de *.letitbit.net *.depositfiles.com vip-file.com *.vip-file.* *.uploaded.to *.unibytes.com *.filepost.com *.gigapeta.com *.turbobit.net *.sms4file.com *.rapidshare.com *.shareflare.net *.filefactory.com *.mediafire.com *.files.mail.ru *.uploadstation.com *.jumbofiles.com *.filesmonster.com *.filearn.com *.filepost.com *.shareflare.net *.freakshare.com *.freakshare.net *.aypiri.net *.win-lite.de *.chip.de *.uploading.com *.share-online.biz ih.adscale.de ad.yieldads.com rapidgator.net *.rapidgator.net fiberupload.com *.fiberupload.com *.bitshare.com

Thanks for you help anyway (I found another file not detected as trojan, which does not necessarily means it's safe, but I'll already try IDM for the 30 free days then see if it's worth a purchase).

I hope Maxthon dev will add support to those video media not found by the Maxthon sniffer.

joemax replied at 2013-6-13 07:05 back.gif

Orbit works fine with M4, it's even detected as a alternate to MxD/ler....????

Video download doesn't works with mouse over such in IE and Firefox. Grab+ too and has bugs. Download works only with files as normal download manager not as video downloader.

Positronis replied at 2013-6-13 14:02 back.gif

have you deleted what they wanted, that's fine. But stop talking about morals

Reply to ODYSSEE "I deleted what was illegal, there's nothing wrong with what remains."

There is no problem.

But nobody has the right to insult anyone. Speaking of morality or immorality does not seem right. There are many ways to express own opinion, but would be better without insults. I will not give examples how to express. To my knowledge admins and moderators still have no right to insult users.

Archived