UUmail Ask

47 minutes ago, Morstyz said:

hi there..

i have been try to use UUMail..

it looks like i can receive email through it..

so, Can I send email through it..? 

or is it just work for receive email only ?

don't know, but it's easy to find out :  send an email to one of your other addresses, and you'll see.

(if you have a mail client : set (smtp and pop) like your master email address

below, I have an email address ***@free.fr 

and I send emails using the smtp of my provider (orange)

smtp.png

sigmax2.png

1 hour ago, -ody- said:

don't know, but it's easy to find out :  send an email to one of your other addresses, and you'll see.

(if you have a mail client : set (smtp and pop) like your master email address

below, I have an email address ***@free.fr 

and I send emails using the smtp of my provider (orange)

sorry, i couldn't understand well..

but here, it looks similar. 

can u help me tell what to do next..?

snap_screen_20160725000358.png

snap_screen_20160725001811.png

15 minutes ago, Morstyz said:

sorry, i couldn't understand well..

but here, it looks similar. 

can u help me tell what to do next..?

Now that I think about it, you may be able to use it this way, but by doing this you will lose the protection you expected to get by using uumail, since your real email address will show in the heading. 

so it's not a good idea IMO...

Maybe there's another way. at the moment, I thinks it's mostly to receive activation links into your official inbox, without giving your real email address, and not to send anything

anyway I know you can use a "non official" email address to send emails since I already did it in the past, but I don't remember exactly how I did it

(pop is for receiving, enter your gmail address and copy the gmail settings (pop.gmail.com), it probably won't work but you don't care.)

for sending : use your gmail credentials.. but be aware they will show in the heading of the email.

smtp2.png

sigmax2.png

15 hours ago, Morstyz said:

hi there..

i have been try to use UUMail..

it looks like i can receive email through it..

so, Can I send email through it..? 

or is it just work for receive email only ?

Hi Morstyz,

Thanks for using UUMail.

Currently UUMail users can only receive emails, it does not have sending email function. 

In fact, UUMail is not a email box, it's like a transfer center which can protect your real email address from being revealed, and help block spam for you.

Wish you a nice day ;)

15 hours ago, -ody- said:

Now that I think about it, you may be able to use it this way, but by doing this you will lose the protection you expected to get by using uumail, since your real email address will show in the heading. 

so it's not a good idea IMO...

Maybe there's another way. at the moment, I thinks it's mostly to receive activation links into your official inbox, without giving your real email address, and not to send anything

anyway I know you can use a "non official" email address to send emails since I already did it in the past, but I don't remember exactly how I did it

(pop is for receiving, enter your gmail address and copy the gmail settings (pop.gmail.com), it probably won't work but you don't care.)

for sending : use your gmail credentials.. but be aware they will show in the heading of the email.

well, i might give up on that and left it be..

thanks for the advice though..

2 hours ago, BugSir006 said:

Hi Morstyz,

Thanks for using UUMail.

Currently UUMail users can only receive emails, it does not have sending email function. 

In fact, UUMail is not a email box, it's like a transfer center which can protect your real email address from being revealed, and help block spam for you.

Wish you a nice day ;)

okay, thanks.. 

i have a question, it meant to block spam right ?

is it only work if I turn off the Forwarding Status, or not..?

On 2016/7/25 at 4:44 PM, Morstyz said:

i have a question, it meant to block spam right ?

is it only work if I turn off the Forwarding Status, or not..?

Hi Morstyz,

Yes, it will block all mails after you TURNING OFF the forwarding status. 

If the status is on, UUMail will just be a transfer center, and forward all the mails it received to your real mail box. At this point, UUMail help to prevent your real email address been leaked when you write or type it in somewhere public. 

Hope this answer help you, have a nice day ;)

Archived