Last Session Usage Help

Hello, so far I am loving MX5! It works well for me watching youtube videos again and streaming. It took a minute to get used to the new layout, but I dig it. The only thing Im having a hard time using.. is the Last Session feature. does not seem to work for me. Or maybe I'm not seeing how to use it right MX5. In MX4 It always saved my last session and I had my settings to always "Open From Last Session".  If I closed out the browser with tabs open it would open with them again. And if a browser window was closed due to crash or error on my part.. the Last Session would open upon a new launch of the browser. 

However with MX5, Last Session does not seem to open for me. I've had a crash already with MX5 and when I reopened it, when i click on the "Last Session" tab, nothing happens. There aren't any of my previous tabs opened in the last session. In fact it says clearly, "Pages Were All Closed".  So is there some other kind of setting I have to do to make my Last Session saved and not this Pages Were All Closed? Its a little frustrating. I have to go back into my History to try and find the pages I was on before the crash or accidental close outs. I really liked the Last Session feature on MX4 and would love to use it for MX5 as I love how great its working for me now compare to MX4. 

2016-07-22 at 16-01-19.png

Hi dear Mopar396,

Thanks for your feedback!

I've thoroughly read your post, but still want to confirm with you about two things to see if I understand you correctly, 

1, "open on startup"-"last session" in MX4 helps a alot, and we need it back in MX5?

open last session.png

2, Or we need a new function that open all the last session after crash?

This one may seem hard to realize. 

Looking forward to you reply. Thanks again for your srpport ;)

Hello BugSir006, 

Thank you for your reply and sorry to get back to you so late. It has been a busy time for me lately. As for your questions, yes I do feel there needs to be a better way MX5 can save and open the last session after a crash.

My experience right now is this with crashes, when a crash does happen in MX5, either 1. Nothing is saved during a crash and there is nothing to open. Or 2. there will be a last session result to reopen, however, it is not the last session I was using during the crash. It will end up being a session from the day before. Its like it does not keep a current session during a crash and reopens a session from a previous day.

Otherwise during normal use and closing of the browser, Last Session works great. So my only issue is during crashes. 

Yes, I would like this option back. When I updated to the new 5 this morning, I did not realize all my tabs would be gone, or I would have written them down. I use this feater a lot to easily find what I was just looking at. Please bring it back. I don't understand why it's gone. All other browsers has this option, why mess with a good thing? Thanks.

On 7/26/2016 at 2:01 AM, BugSir006 said:

1, "open on startup"-"last session" in MX4 helps a alot, and we need it back in MX5?

open last session.png

1 minute ago, Natalie said:

Yes, I would like this option back. When I updated to the new 5 this morning, I did not realize all my tabs would be gone, or I would have written them down. I use this feater a lot to easily find what I was just looking at. Please bring it back. I don't understand why it's gone. All other browsers has this option, why mess with a good thing? Thanks.

It's on the Quick Access page.  

QA.png

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

This function is not currently working, BugSir006 said it's an issue they're trying to fix. But my request is to have it as an option when setting up the browser, so that when you open it, all your tabs are there, not to have to retrieve them. I liked that in the last version, but it is not there now.  Open in Homepage or Open New Tab are currently the only options with the new 5 browser. But thank you.

On 26.07.2016 at 1:01 PM, BugSir006 said:

open last session.png

2, Or we need a new function that open all the last session after crash?

This one may seem hard to realize. 

+1 from me, the Last Session tab doesnt work at new MX5 quickaccess page.

Also there were both options at MX4, I dont want to seem ignorant, but i'm surprised this options not transferred to the new version. Beside of that I like new Maxthon very much, it rocks. I'm using this browser from the early MyIE2 times. Thank you for your hard work mates!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, 1355318248 said:

without old "last session" mechanics i have no any reason to use mx5. beter i'll download mx4 and will save it in all possible cloud services.

Good bye best browser ever :'(

Hi 1355318248, "last session" in our latest beta version (V5.0.1.1700) is back as that in MX4, you are welcome to download and have a try, 

here is our official website where you can download it:

http://www.maxthon.com/beta/

• 5 months later...

It seems that since the previous post in October 2016, the Last Session implementation has changed again.

I don't see any last session tab in my default page like the one shown in @Mopar396's picture. Is there a settings option to add it, or am I missing something?

I did figure out a workaround: add "mx://last-visit/" as a favorite. It is nice that from this URL you can open pages from the last session or "previous session."

However, I like how in MX4, when the browser crashes it automatically opens to this last session page, even when you settings option is to open the browser to new tab by default. Personally, I prefer to open to new tab EXCEPT when the browser crashed.

NewTab_20170318113704.png

Archived