Test MX5's compatibility with us

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, JasPunjabi said:

Well, my friend i tried all these steps and nothing has helped!

It displays fine for me in version M5.0.1.1200 without  using a user agent(Advanced options).

Also try using IE proxy, looks like it is disabled in your screen shot.

14 hours ago, phoenix-76 said:

Hello, this is to report I'm no longer able to access Microsoft OneNote Online services at https://www.onenote.com/notebooks?auth=1 with MX5.

The landing page which shows the notebooks doesn't work in Ultra, changing to Retro allows you to see the notebooks.

Changing to Ultra once in a workbook also works.

Using 5.0.1.1500 / default UA

2 hours ago, 7twenty said:

The landing page which shows the notebooks doesn't work in Ultra, changing to Retro allows you to see the notebooks.

Changing to Ultra once in a workbook also works.

Using 5.0.1.1500 / default UA

Thanks for the suggestions. No simple solution like switching rendering engines has unfortunately worked for me so far. I'm testing under Win7 32-bit behind firewall and proxy at the moment and while OneNote works correctly for me in both Webkit/Ultra and Trident/Retro modes in MX4.8 and MX4.9, it does not work with MX 5.0.1.1200 in either engine (other MS services like OneDrive, Word, Excel, etc. work fine).

I'm inclined to believe that combination of MX5 and Win7 32bit could be the culprit here. Since I need to revert to MX4 every time I want to post on this forum (with MX5 the forum page displays OK but no text can be entered in the post editing window) I may just need to wait for a more mature MX5 release... which will hopefully save the Quick Access locally again (!)

How come you're on 5.0.1.1500 when 5.0.1.1200 is apparently the last official release? Is it a typo or a "closed beta" type of release?

I'm also using the internal version M5.0.1.1500 for testing on win10b14915. This is the image using your link. Is there something missing or is it displaying as it should? I can access the notebooks. Sorry, I don't use onenote, only previously used for testing. I get the same result whether or not standard rendering mode is used in advanced settings. You might give that a check in win7.

BTW, I'm using default UA settings(none)

onenote.png

PHYR, thank you for running the test. Your screenshot shows correct content of the OneNote Online dashboard. What I'm getting is however just a blank white screen without any content (see below).

The obvious difference between our test scenarios, apart from the Windows version, is that you really are using newer MX5 release M5.0.1.1500 while I'm on M5.0.1.1200. Would you know if there's a way for me to upgrade to M5.0.1.1500 to see if the issue can still be duplicated with the latest MX5 release? I couldn't find download link for M5.0.1.1500 anywhere.

Regarding the User Agent string, I've been using the default one as well. I.e. no custom modification.

MX5_vs_OneNote.jpg

it works on windows7 HP, pro 64bit

it works fine on windows 10 home 64 bit

----

it works decent on a old netbook running win10 32bit. (dell mini 910, with 2GB ram) {would like a ultra lightweight browser, with the same options as maxthon} [nitro is not a option] {so a feature to specify the maximum allowed usage of ram should be nice} {like 512mb-16GB} {whereby 512MB is the maximum maxthon can use at its minimal state}

{just a feature  i would love to have, since maxthon will start using 1GB quickly when browsing tons of pages} thus specifiing the max usage of ram:

(increasable by 128MB each time before 1GB ) thus like:

512mb

640mb

768mb

896mb

1024mb

after 1GB increase by  256mb

1280mb

1536mb

1792mb

2048mb

after 2GB increase by 512mb

2560mb

3072mb

after 3GB increase by 1GB

4gb

5gb

and so on

(this is just a idea of how i want it to look like)

(a specify ram usage bar in MB would also be a solution) (minimum 512mb)

• 2 weeks later...

Can we please have that annoying "The current site may have compatibility issues..." warning suppressed and the underlying root cause fixed? I'm on MX 5.0.1.1700 now and it's still coming up on every single site I visit for the first time. The second time I visit the site I get the option to suppress the warning manually by clicking "Don't Ask Again". 

The second problem related to unaccessibility of OneNote Online (reported earlier in this thread) still persits for me too. While MX 4.8 works without any issues, MX 5.0.1.1700 (and previously tested MX 5.0.1.1200) displays nothing but a blank page in both Retro/Trident and Ultra/Webkit modes, tested with Standard Rendering in Retro mode both enabled and disabled.

I'm on Windows 7 Pro, 32-bit, in a company environment behind proxy, using default UA string (I get the same results when modified though), default "IE proxy settings" option and I'm logged without any admin or power user privileges.

• 2 weeks later...

4 hours ago, -ody- said:

for some reason it works fine today using ultramode and ABP on... :huh:

Very dramatic video, isn't it?  And how many times have I seen people walking and looking down at their cell phones, ignoring all that is around them.  But even with all these videos, they just never learn.  Technology is great, but if abused, very dangerous.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Archived