Show us your new skin!

joemax

mine is as i had it in 3 - or basically - added the odd button and deleted others - todays 'skins' are a bit of a joke - what they have done is ok but its a theme - it would not be so bad if we had not seen and did not know what is/was possible

we have never been told why we cannot have skins as 3 - i guess there must be a reason - but surely its possible to solve the problem if thats what it is

:(

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

7twenty replied at 2013-5-16 04:16 back.gif

You've just got to love that they've added the option to show stretched images and call that a "skin ...

What do you miss about M3 skins? There's nothing to miss, everything you could do then you can do now. Nothing has been lost at all. Some people like to complain for the sake of complaining. jeeees

Another thing, if you call that an M3 skin with all it's pluses, what do you think of this M4 Theme?

clipboard01xhf.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

BTW this is a thread to show your skins, not to discuss your points of view, there are plenty of those threads already.

joemax replied at 2013-5-17 21:46 back.gif

What do you miss about M3 skins? There's nothing to miss, everything you could do then you can do ...

I don't miss skins, I am not one of those who complain, but I have to disagree with you :

Old skin system had many more possibilities than the actual engine

you could set the tabs bottom, with rounded or square corners, different buttons, menu left or right, or integrated into the avatar, and a lot of other things the actual skin engine can't do

actual skinning way fits your needs, and you're satisfied with it, so am I ; but many other people are not

what we have is only a first stage, "old way" skins will be back, though we dont have any schedule yet

anyway let's go back to the thread, here is mine

sigmax.png

sigmax2.png

odyssee replied at 2013-5-17 21:55 back.gif

I don't miss skins, I am not one of those who complain, but I have to disagree with you :

Old sk ...

joemax  Take a look at my edited previous post and look at 7twenty skin. the one thing that can't be done with M4 skinner as it is now is that I can't remove the option button.

just one example : can you set the tabs to bottom ?

sigmax.png

sigmax2.png

odyssee replied at 2013-5-17 22:16 back.gif

just one example : can you set the tabs to bottom ?

All those same possibilities will also be available when the sdk is released if not sooner. Sorry but your argument doesn't hold water.

Oh, and thanx for showing your skin theme ;P

Yeah, sorry Odyssee, I'm just so sick of hearing some people incessantly complaining, serves no purpose but to aggravate other members me anyway.(Didn't mean to speak for others)

I also see you like to change skins looks once in a while, you've changed it from your yellow skin :)

odyssee replied at 2013-5-17 23:47 back.gif

ok incident closed

let's go back to the screen captures !

just to open it a little :) - its whatever people want - if a new colour or new background makes it better for you then thats great and as one who has shouted loud and long for skins in MX4 what they have added is not that but it helps - for me i cannot see the point - its not about colour or background its about where i want things to be and not seeing all that i never use

thats what skins in MX3 allowed - not to everyone as they still had to be made/programmed so what is now available is a step forward - hopefully they will build on that and create something like MX2 skins where all users can make the skin they want

i showed as the last poster in here but my post was deemed off topic - not sure why - maybe the mod who deleted it would say - so why did you delete it ntz - did joemax complain to you

Archived